Chapter 13

"Are you guys okay?" Percy asked his kids.
"Yer we're find dad," Hope said as she brushed off some dirt from her trousers.
"I have a question," Peter said, "why are the three of you glowing?" He asked.
"I was going to ask that too," Hope agreed, "and why is Peter darker than everything else?"
"I wish we knew," Luke said, scrambling up from the forest floor and hugging Hope.
"Anyway what are you two doing out here?" Percy asked.
"Well when the blackout happened we were at the Underwood's house and people were going to start asking questions," Hope said, "so I grabbed Peter and we ran."
"How's everyone?" Luke asked, "May, Thalia are they okay?"
"They're fine," Peter said, "everyone's worried, especially since mum disappeared."
When Peter mentioned it Percy stiffened, "we're gonna find her. But first we need to go somewhere other than the middle of the woods."
"Our house is empty but that's the first place people will look for us," Hope thought out loud.
"My place?" Luke asked, "Thals and May will be fine with it and if I ask them not to tell, I'm sure they won't."
Hope looked to her father who nodded, "which way is New Athens then?"
"Good question,"Peter looked to his sister who shrugged.
"I don't know I wasn't really paying attention to which way we were going, I was too busy getting us out of there." Hope said, Peter rolled his eyes, "I'm sorry okay!"
"So we're lost, in the middle of a forest filled with monsters." Peter said.
"That about sums it up," Luke said.

********

"Let's try this way," Hope said pointing in a direction.
"If only we had a Grace here then they could fly up and see where we are," Percy said grinning.
"Dad you know Bee can't fly, you've heard her non stop complaining about it," Hope told her dad.
"Yer but Jason, Tristan, May and Thalia can fly." Peter said.
"May and Thalia aren't Graces, they're Castellans," Luke corrected Percy
"Yer but Thalia is a Grace at heart and May takes after her mother," Percy countered.
"Getting off topic!" Hope reminded them, "getting back to camp remember!"
Hope could've sworn that she heard her dad mutter under his breath, "just like her mother."
"We're going this way, no c'mon." Hope started walking, the others following behind her.

********

Dam it! End almost screamed inside her head.
No need to shout I'm right here, Annabeth told him.
Oh don't worry Annabeth, we will find your precious husband, and now he's made me angry.
Uh oh, Annabeth thought.
Uh oh indeed, now your children are in danger too. Hope and Peter, I will bring out Peter's darkness and I will crush his sister's light, end cackled, I will bring my son back.

********

When the blackout started Tristan was on his balcony.
When it happened he went back inside. A while later there was a loud knock at the door.
Tristan went to open it. When he did it was to see an out of breath Marina.
"Hi Nina what do you want?" Tristan asked.
"You haven't seen Hope have you? Or Peter?" She panted.
"No why?" Tristan furrowed his brow.
"When the blackout happened Hope started glowing and Peter seemed to get darker so they ran out of the house," Marina started to catch her breath.
"I'm helping you find them!" He shoved some shoes on and yelled to his parents that he was going out no slammed the door behind him.

Yer I'm sorry about that wait. My wifi was being stupid and I couldn't update.
But how do you like the chapter?
Remember to vote, comment and maybe give me a follow?
~Em xx