Chorals

One night, while the mermaid was asleep, the skeleton decided it was time to flee. He clumsily wobbled his arms and legs in all directions in an attempt to swim away. After floundering about in the water for a couple of hours, he realized that he hadn't travelled very far and that the mermaid would soon catch up with him. Tired and discouraged, the skeleton decided to rest on a bed of white chorales. When the mermaid woke up, she darted out of her home in search for the skeleton. Her tail was as red as a burning flame. She hovered above the skeleton who lay very still on the chorales. The mermaid passed right by the skeleton without seeing him. His bones were perfectly camouflaged by the chorales. When the mermaid left, he continued his long journey while looking for the next place to hide.

When he saw the bones of a great white shark, he laid down next to it to rest. The mermaid returned in search for the skeleton but could not see him as he was well hidden among the shark bones. As soon as the mermaid left, the skeleton came out from his hiding place and continued on his way. 

When he came across a group of white fishes schooling in the direction of the boat, the skeleton asked them if he could travel with them in return for his protection from predators. He had noticed that fishes were afraid of him like crows are afraid of scarecrows. The fish accepted and they even helped him swim faster by pushing him forward. When the mermaid caught up with the fishes, she could not see the skeleton who was well hidden in between them. Finally the skeleton arrived to the cave where his boat was waiting for him. He bid his friends farewell.