Alleyways, Scheming, and a Meeting

Alyssa POV
It had been one week since Micaela disappeared. When I got back to Zihs to collect my things, Micaela's belongings were gone, and Vanessa was devastated. The police had questioned me about Micaela's disappearance, saying that I was the last one to see her. It was hard, but I lied. I lied not only to protect her, but to protect my own image. If I was going to become famous while keeping an eye on Mawful, I needed to be out of jail to do that.
Vanessa visited me often, and she was the only person that I shared the truth with. I figured that she deserved to know.
Soon, I was headed to start practicing lines and songs for Wicked. After awhile of that, I would be moved to being the understudy for Glinda.
It was odd to play this part when I knew my Elphaba was out there somewhere. Every time I saw Alyssa Fox (Elphaba) in green make up, I thought of her and almost cried.
I wonder where she is...

Micaela POV
*Flashback*
After yet another argument with my father, I rushed to my room. This always happens and probably always will. I really need to find an esacpe. Something I can go to when life gets rough. I turned on my iPod and scrolled through YouTube and searched for a new song I could memorize. Using Google, I looked up popular musical theatre songs. I had never tried theatre before. Defying Gravity came up, so I clicked on a video that had two women named Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth at the Tony Awards. I instantly fell in love with the musical.
I spent my time memorizing the whole album. I was my own voice teacher, looking up better ways to sing this and researching more about the two amazing singers who got me hooked on Broadway. After Wicked came Les Mis, Phantom of the Opera, Mary Poppins, and The Sound of Music. The list goes on. Even so, Wicked stayed in my heart.
Theatre was my escape. I worked on my voice and shut myself away from my father as much as I could. i was so obsessed that Nessa was annoyed, but she was also happy that I had found something I loved.
I soon became a fantastic singer, and I snuck away in the evenings to try out for various musicals and musical practices. My father never found out.

Present day Micaela POV
Two weeks passed by. I was breaking inside, knowing the police were still looking for me.
I'm dead.
That's all I could think about. This is Wicked, after all. If I were to go back to Alyssa, I would end up dead.
But Nessa? Surely Nessa wouldn't die? I wouldn't know what to do if Nessa died.
I made myself a home in New York. I was part of the homeless crowd, scrounging around for money, hoping people wouldn't recognize me.
I would have to go back eventually. I promised Alyssa that I would, but how? Was there a way to prove that Madame Mawful was guilty?
I had so many people to love for. There was Alyssa, Vanessa, and even my father. He may not say he loves me, but I can hope that deep, deep down, he does.
Someday, the opportunity would come where I could show my true identity to the world, and I would snag it no matter the outcome.

Third person POV
"We need to get Micaela Pine out of hiding!" Madame Mawful barked to Officer Crumly.
"We don't even know where she is," Officer Crumly said calmly.
"Which is why we need to get her out of hiding! Pay attention!" Madame Mawful huffed.
"We could use her sister," Officer Crumly deadpanned.
Madame Mawful thought for a moment before smiling wickedly and responding, "I have a better idea."

Micaela POV
Every day in the morning I would go to a nearby café, order something to drink, and watch the news on the TV they had. Today, I did not expect to see Alyssa's shining face on the news.
"Micaela was always a mean person. She forced me to let her come with me to the audition, even though Madame Mawful had gotten it for me. I hated rooming with her," Alyssa told the reporter.
How dare she say those lies? She knows that isn't true. It must be Mawful who is behind this. Only Madame Mawful could turn my best friend turn against me. Well, at least turn against me in the eyes of the public. What did she offer her? Fame? Money? Or did she threaten her? With someone like Madame Mawful, you never know.
As another picture of me was plastered on the TV screen, I threw my cup away and left the café. The chances of them recognizing me were slim, after all, I was covered in dirt and hadn't showered in a week, but I didn't want to fall in that slim chance.
I ran towards my only safe haven: the library. Disappearing into the fantasy section, I pulled out a copy of Wicked and started reading where I had left off yesterday.
At 2:00, starving and hungry, I trudged back to my new home. Around here, if you wanted a good meal, you had to fight for it, so I settled with some scraps of food from around the place. I wish I could get a job, but someone would surely notice me.
Where I "lived" was at the end of the alley, so I could see if people came in. That was why I was the first to spot a woman dressed in a sparkly pink dress run in. She looked like she was escaping from someone. Either that or she just needed to get away from her life. Boy, did I know what that was like. I took a closer look at the woman, who was my age.
"Alyssa?" I whispered in shock.
The woman turned in my direction. "Micaela!" She sighed, relieved, and ran towards my.
I jumped up from the ground as she reached out and hugged me. "Thank goodness I found you," She cried, tears dripping from her eyes.
"What is it?" I asked.
"It's awful on Broadway. I know I sound selfish, but I can't stand being without you, and Madame Mawful isn't so nice anymore. She keeps threatening me," Alyssa rushed.
"I'm sor-" I began before Alyssa, her eyes quickly changing to hurt and anger, interrupted me.
"You left me! How dare you leave my on my own? We were the best of friends! I could have helped you!" She yelled.
"Alyssa, please, lower you voice. I left to protect you. I didn't want Mawful hurting you. Besides, you deserve a life on Broadway. I don't want to force you to come with me," I explained softly.
As soon as I was done, Alyssa exclaimed in frustration, "Don't you see? I WANT to come with you! Nothing is worse than being apart from your best friend!"
"Quick! There she is! Get her!" A masculine voice yelled, and soon I was thrust to the ground and handcuffs were being forced on my wrists.
"Madame Mawful? What are you doing here?" I heard Alyssa say in a shocked voice.
"Alyssa, dear, thank goodness I found you! Did she hurt you?" Madame Mawful said in a caring and not at all evil voice.
"What? No," Alyssa protested.
"Don't you worry. Miss Pine is going to be taken away for good," Madame Mawful assured.
I think the words "for good" sparked something in Alyssa, for as I was being dragged away, she growled, "don't even think about it Morrible."
Frustration at Alyssa and repulsion at being called "Morrible" flashed across Madame Mawful's face.
"I will do it," Alyssa yelled, and when I looked back, I saw a knife in her hand that was being brought to her throat.
"No!" I shouted.
"Now, Alyssa, you wouldn't possibly..." Madame Mawful began.
"Don't test me," Alyssa snarled.
Madame Mawful looked torn in two at the choices before her. Finally, she muttered, "let her go."
"What?" A police officer questioned.
"I said let her go! Or do you want this innocent girl's blood on your hands?"
I was let go immediately.
"Run. Please," Alyssa pleaded, looking at me with love in her eyes.
I took one last, long look at her before bolting in the other direction.

Alyssa POV
Relief spread in me as Micaela ran away. Madame Mawful stepped up to the officers.
"Don't speak a word about this. Do you understand me?" Madame Mawful commanded.
They looked at their leader, who nodded his head slightly.
"I never would have done it, you know," I spoke up. "I just...I care about her so much."
Madame Mawful looked furious. "Yeah? Well, Miss King, caring for someone is dangerous. Now, come on, or you will be even more punished than you already are."
Madame Mawful turned around and stalked away.
I sighed and slowly followed her. While I was on my way out, the leader of the police officers stopped me.
"No matter what she says, caring for someone is alright," He murmured.
I smiled slightly and followed Madame Mawful's path out of the alley.

If you haven't noticed, this story has followed a sort of path. It has gone through all of the songs of Wicked (except most of the Fiyero ones) and then some extra scenes including this one, which was supposed to be the cat fight scene. I am going to to tell you that I am not going past the Finale, except maybe a chapter to wrap it up. On the bright side, after this ends, I am going to post the Elphie Returns sequel, so if you liked this story and haven't read Elphie Returns, go check it out! Please comment thoughts/feelings on this or the story!