Auditions part 2

Micaela POV
"How was your audition?" I asked Alyssa nervously.
"Good, I think. You'll never guess who's in there," Alyssa whispered.
"Who?"
"Madame Mawful."
"What? Why?"
"I'm not sure," Alyssa mumbled.
"Micaela Pine."
"Good luck," Alyssa called as I rose from my chair and strolled into the room with my head held as high as my neck would allow.
I stepped lightly onto the stage. The music started, and I sang as best as I could. It was hard to play Glinda since her personality was the opposite of mine, but I put all I could into the part. I left the room feeling semi-confident.
"I'm so nervous for the results," Alyssa whined.
"You probably got the part," I told her. "You are the perfect Glinda."
"But you are such a good singer!" Alyssa said in awe.
"We'll wait and see," I sighed.
After the last performer auditioned, people were called to see whether or not they got the part. It was obvious that no one had gotten the part yet due to the fact that the people were either crying or looking like they were used to it. Finally, my name was called. I braced myself for the worst and walked into the room and onto the stage.
"Micaela, can you sing part of No One Mourns the Wicked for us?" Carrie asked me.
I wasn't sure what to think of this, but of course I sang anyway. Although my voice was better suited for Elphaba, I could just reach the high, operatic notes of Glinda's.
After I sang a few lines, Carrie smiled at me.
"Congratulations. I am pleased to tell you that you have been chosen to play the role of Glinda in the traveling Broadway cast of Wicked," Carrie told me.
I was completely and utterly shocked. They chose me? They chose me!
"Oh my Oz! Thank you so much!" I gasped.
Carrie laughed at my eagerness.
"Can I speak to my dear pupil alone?" Madame Mawful asked the rest of the judges. They nodded their consent and left the room.
As Madame Mawful climbed onto the stage, I thought she was going to congratulate me. Oh, was I wrong.
"Don't blow this for me," She growled.
"W-What?" I stuttered.
"I've got a lot of writing on this," Madame Mawful snarled. "The longer you play on Broadway, the more money I-I mean the school-no I mean I get. I already had to get rid of that stupid Doctor Darel to get you this far."
"You killed Doctor Darel?" I whispered. How did I not see this coming? This was exactly how the book played out.
"Yes, I sent Officer Crumly to kill Doctor Darel. Now you better accept this part or I will make sure that you will never be on Broadway. Of course, if you don't take it, Alyssa will be next on my list."
"Does Stephen Schwartz know about you taking the money?" I asked.
"Not a clue. He thinks it's all going to the school, but don't tell him, he wouldn't believe you anyway."
Madame Mawful stormed from the stage and called the other back in.
"Now, Micaela, tomorrow you are going to-" Stephen Schwartz began.
"I'm sorry, sir, I cannot accept. There has been a change of plans," I announced.
All eyes turned on me in shock.
"Well, if you're sure.." Stephen began.
"I'm sure."
"Maybe you'd like to think it over," Madame Mawful suggested sweetly.
"No thank you Madame Awful."
Oops. I swear that was a mistake.
I hurried from the stage and out the door.
"What happened?" Alyssa immediately asked me.
Before I could answer, Alyssa's name was called. When she came back out, she looked shocked.
"So, did you accept?" I asked nervously.
"No, of course not! Why didn't you?"
"For goodness sakes, Alyssa! Why didn't you accept?" I exclaimed. The lady came out, ready to talk to the next person. "Please tell them to wait a moment," I told her.
"Micaela, why didn't you accept? You had the part!" Alyssa questioned.
I couldn't tell her the truth. She deserved this part more than I ever would. How could I ruin it for her?
"You deserve it. Please, Alyssa, accept the part. Prove to Mawful that you can survive on Broadway, " I pleaded.
She looked me in the eye. "No!"
"Please accept. Besides, it will help having someone close to Mawful," This was a flat out lie. It pained me to say it, but she had to stay. She just had to.
"Please let me go with you," She begged, grabbing onto my hand and staring me in the eye.
"Alyssa," I didn't realize a tear was rolling down my cheek until I tasted salt. You would have thought this was For Good. "Stay here. Live your life as an actress just like you've always wanted. I'll come back for you, I promise."
"You promise?" She whispered.
"I promise," I replied, and that part was the truth.

Alyssa POV
Madame Mawful was thrilled that I decided to do the musical. Stephen Schwartz gave me all of the information I needed, and then I left the room. To my utter surprise, Micaela wasn't where I had left her. She was gone.
I searched in the bathrooms and around the building, but there was no sign of her. Running to the hotel, I pulled out my phone and tried to call her.
Once there, I saw that she had taken her stuff and left me a note.
Dear Alyssa,
I'm not very good with goodbyes.
I can't bear to watch you leave. I'm sorry. We will see each other again soon. I promise.
Micaela
She was gone. She was truly gone. I sank to the ground and cried for a good half an hour before dragging myself to the couch and turning on the TV.
"Breaking News! Today at an audition for the Broadway musical Wicked, it has been revealed that one of the candidates, a student at Zihs University, has been taking money meant for the school's theatre department and taking it for herself," A news reporter announced.
Madame Mawful's shining face appeared on the TV.
"She was one of my very own pupils. Micaela Pine took the death of Doctor Darel, one of our teachers, very hard. I always knew she was emotionally unstable."
"That Morrible!" I shouted.
"Micaela Pine is no where to be found. Sources say that police are on their way to investigate her roommate, who got the part for the audition, right now," The reporter said.
"Oh no," Alyssa whispered as someone knocked on the door.