Dear Old Zihs

Micaela POV
An annoying noise filled my head, and i moved to turn off my alarm clock. Tiredness draped over me until it hit me.
School.
YAY!!!!!!!
And this time, it isn't just school.
I am starting my first day at a university. It's called Zihs University. Strange name.
I ran to get dressed. As i packed up my few belongings, i saw the picture frame. It was of my best friend, Kate. We kept talking about how we will stay best friends, but we know it will never happen. Maybe that is for the better.
I sighed and walked to the kitchen to grab something to take on the road for breakfast.
My older sister, Vanessa, was waiting for me in her wheelchair. She is attending her junior year at Zhis.
"Let's go," My father said and i hopped up from my place at the table.
"Uh, Micaela?" My sister called.
"Right, sorry Nessa," I mumbled and wheeled my older sister out to the car.
On the way, i listened to songs from the musical Wicked. It was absolutly my favoite musical. I would rant on and on about it as Kate rolled her eyes and ignored me.
"WICKED!" The last word of the finale blared through my headphones as we pulled into a parking lot.
My mouth dropped open. I had never seen the school before, even if my sister went here. It was exactly like Shiz, the university in Wicked. Just as the song Dear Old Shiz described, it had vine draped walls and was definately a sight to be proud of.
I stepped out of the car and, glancing at my sister for permission, ran into the crowd.
As people sauntered around campus, i turned in a circle. Everything was beautiful. No wonder it was the top school. People were in no rush, and everyone smiled kindly. There was not a single mean soul here. Or so i thought.
I walked into the courtyard with my Elphaba style suitcase.
Suddeny, a group of girls saw me and jumped back. I looked down quickly and my eyes widened in shock and embarassment. You see, when i get either overly excited or super mad, my skin turns a pale shade of green. I can control it, it's just hard. The doctors told us that very few people in the world have it. I look at it as a way to be Elphaba, but others...well..
I calmed my excitement and let my skin turn to normal, acting as if nothing happened.
"Must have been the lighting," one of the girls muttered and started pointing out cute guys.
I started walking away, realizing i needed to find my family, when i bumped into a girl.
She wore a white uniform and had blonde hair. No, gold hair. Gold hair with a gentle curl.
Why am i thinking about hair? Egh.
"I'm so sorry," I apologized.
"No, it's my fault. This school is just so big," She said.
"Tell me about it." I smiled at her. "My name is Micaela."
"My name is-"
"Alyssa!" A man called.
"Over here father," Alyssa yelled.
An evil looking man walked over. "Who is this?" He grumbled.
"This is Micaela," Alyssa chirped.
"Micaela Pine?"
I sighed and nodded. I guess my reputation has made it here.
"You stay away from her, she is a freak," The man yelled.
"But da-"
The man pulled the protesting woman away.
"Micaela!" That is my father.
"Yes, father," I answered, walking about to him.
"Remember, the only reason i insisted you go here is-"
"To help take care of Nessa, i know," I whispered.
"My darling Vanessa, i have a parting gift," My father said. He opened a box.
"Jeweled shoes!"
"And Micaela," I glanced in the box just in case. I know my father loves me, it's just that i remind him of mother. He closed the box in my face.
"Don't get into trouble."
With that, he left.
"Yay, a box, i couldn't be happier," I mumbled so quietly no one heard.
I wheeled Nessa to the signs posted where she would see her roommate's name.
Rose, Vanessa's last year's roommate, ran up to her and squealed. "We are roommates again!"
Nessa and her squealed together.
"Rose, you remember my sister, Micaela, from when you visited our house."
"I do, it is nice to see you again. You can go ahead and find out your room while i take care of Nessa. I'm sure you are dying to see your room."
"Thank you," I said and ran off.
I waited in line then looked for my name. My heart lept in my chest when i found it.
Carter Hall Room 26:
Micaela Pine
Alyssa King
Is Alyssa King the same Alyssa i jut met? I sure hope so.
I grabbed my suitcase, a ring of keys, and ran to Carter Hall.
I paused outside of room 26. This is it, my new home.
I smiled and opened the door.
My heart dropped, bouncing in my rib cage and falling with a plop into my stomach.
The girl in my room wasn't the Alyssa i knew.
"Hi, are you Micaela?" The girl asked.
"Yes," I said and tried to hide my disappointment.
"You can ask me any questions if you need to. I am the senior that watches over this hall. My name is Polly," The senior informed me.
"Wait, you aren't my roommate?"
"No, sorry for the confusion."
"It's not problem," I smiled. Maybe there is still a chance.
Suddenly, i heard a squeal at the door.
"Micaela!"
"Alyssa!" I shouted, relieved.
Polly politely stepped out of the room.
"Is your father gone?" I wondered anxiously.
"Yep. He doesn't even know you are my roommate! And i'm sorry about what he said."
"It's okay, i'm used to it," I mumbled, helping Alyssa bring her suitcases into the room and closing the door.
"If you don't mind me asking, what did he mean?" Alyssa asked, her head tilting to the side like a puppy.
I laughed for a moment before frowning. "I'm glad i can get to you before the rumors. I have a skin condition. I-I can show you," I told.
"Can you?"
I concentrated. I have two things i can fuel off of: my anger towards Alyssa's father and my excitement at Alyssa being my roommate.
I chose the latter.
I felt my skin change. Alyssa stared at me in shock before reaching out and touching my arm.
"It's beautiful! Does it hurt?"
"No."
She mumbled something i couldn't understand.
"What did you say?"
She blushed and spoke louder. "It's just like Elphaba."
I screamed.
Literally.
Screamed.
She jumped back only to have me shout, "YOU ARE A WICKED FAN, TOO?"
"OH MY OZ YOU LIKE WICKED!" She yelled.
"NO! I LOVE WICKED! I AM OBSESSED!"
"Who is you favorite casting?" Alyssa asked.
"The original, duh. I LOVE Idina and Kristin."
"Me too! Okay, favorite song?"
"Defying Gravity!"
"I like Defying Gravity, too! For Good isn't too far behind."
"I can't believe someone else likes Wicked!" I sighed.
"Are you kidding? Look," Alyssa pulled out one of her suitcases.
Inside were Wicked t-shirts, socks, posters, albums, and books.
I laughed. "I'm glad you are another fan girl."
"Me too."
"Hey, let's compare schedules!" I suggested.
"Okay. At noon i have biology with Doctor Darel."
"I do, too! At two i have a creative writing class with Professor Kindren."
"I have that class at three. I have an acting class at two and a math class at six with Professor Milton."
"I have a math class with Professor Simon at six."
We sighed. "At least we have one class together, and another class that we both take. We can study together!" Alyssa encouraged.
"Yeah," I said.
"Hey, do you have a phone?" Alyssa asked.
"Yes."
"Can i have your number?"
"Sure." I told her my number, and she told me hers.
"Do you have Instagram or any other social media?"
"Instagram," I responded.
"What is your name?"
"I have a Wicked fan account," I told her then relayed my name.
"Wait, i think i follow you!" Alyssa exclaimed, typing something into her phone. "I do!"
She showed me her account.
"I know you! Wow. That is a coincidence."
"Yeah!"
My stonach growled.
"I think someone's hungry," Alyssa sang.
I blushed. "Maybe a little."
"Let's get something to eat."
And so we did.

YAY 😄👍 OR Nay😒👎