Madame Mawful

This takes place directly after the last chapter. If you don't know what happened, Alyssa and Micaela stood up to Alyssa's dad.

"I can't believe you did that!" Alyssa exclaimed, almost laughing.
"I can't believe it either! He was fuming after that cheek kiss!" I whispered.
"That was exhilarating! Thank you! I was way too scared to do that, you rebel!" Alyssa teased.
"I wonder how he will react."
"I don't really care anymore," Alyssa sighed. "Here's my class."
We arrived at the Arts building.
"See you later," I told.
"Yeah. I have another class at three, so it may be awhile," Alyssa reminded.
"I'll be counting down the minutes," I called as i walked away.
"Sure. You'll probably be studying for some test!"
"Hey! I'm not THAT Elphaba!"
"Yes you are and you know it!"
I laughed and continued walking.
I arrived in the Creative Writing class with mere seconds to spare, yet I surprisingly was not the last person to come.
Thankfully, there were no queen bees in sight.
The class went well. I learned about how to be a good writer, and we got a writing assignment due at the end of the week. It was simply to create a story about anything with a minimum of two pages and a maximum of five.
This was only a semester class, so i was taking Honors English after this. I wanted this class to help with essays in the next class.
Anyway, when class was over, i went to the library to get a new book.
As i scanned the shelves, i softly sang Defying Gravity.
I grabbed a book that looked interesting based on the summary and turned around. My book fell to the ground as i screamed and jumped.
"Oh, Miss Pine, i didn't mean to frighten you. Was that you singing?" A woman said.
"Oh yeah, sorry," I apologized looking down.
"Do not apologize for talent. I am Madame Mawful, the Performing Arts teacher. You have an amazing voice," Madame Mawful complimented.
"Um..thanks. I really should be going. I have a class-"
"Now, Miss Pine, I know your next classes isn't until six."
I looked down again. "Do you need something?" I asked a little too harshly. She was being really creepy.
"I wouldn't be using that attitude with someone who is offering you a once in a life time opportunity."
"What do you mean?" I wondered curiously.
"So now you are interested. I am inviting you to an advanced drama class. We only accept the best of the best. There are five people-six if you join."
"When is it?"
"Every day from three to four thirty. I think with your talent, i can get you all the way to Broadway. To someone like...like..Stephen Schwartz!"
"THE Stephen Schwartz?"
"Yes."
"Woah. Can i think about it?"
"If you want to join, just show up tomorrow. We would be at a big loss not to have you," Madame Mawful said.
"I've never even had a voice lesson before," I admitted.
"We will help you."
"Wait, if it is from three to four thirty, why aren't you there now?"
Madame Mawful gave me a smile and left the library. I shivered before thinking about the offer. THE Stephen Schwartz? This is incredible.
I ran to my new home, and when i got there, i immediately started singing The Wizard and I.
I sang until Alyssa got home.
"Why are you so happy?" She wondered.
"You won't believe what happened to me at the library!" I then explained Madame Mawful's visit.
"That's incredible!" Alyssa exclaimed. "This is exactly like Wicked!"
"It would be even more like Wicked if..." I examined her more closely then sighed. "You wanted to get into this class, didn't you."
Alyssa looked down. "I sent in a video application, but they denied me."
"That is not right! You are a better singer than me!"
"No. I am no where close to you. Madame Mawful is right. You can make it to Broadway."
I sighed again. "Should i accept it?"
"Are you kidding? Of course you should accept it!"
"But i would feel so guilty!"
"I'll be fine. You deserve this! Make your father proud!"
I looked at her. "Thank you."
"For what?"
"For being a good friend."
"Hey, it's like you said, the Green Girl and the Good Girl."
"Just two friends, two good friends, two best friends."
"Nobody, in all of Oz, no father that there is or was, is ever gonna bring us down."
"Promise?"
"Promise."