Chapter 4: I Get Dating Advice from a Pizza Maker

Chapter 4

 I Get Dating Advice from a Pizza Maker

So my life has been pretty interesting the last few weeks. I almost got in a fight, witnessed a murder, and got arrested. So you’d figure after that, life would continue to throw excitement at me right? Not in the least.

I groan. If you could die from boredom, I’m pretty sure I would’ve died and come back at least twenty times now. It was Sunday, and apparently everyone already had plans. Danielle has some business thing in Oregon she has to go to with her dad. Daniel has to go to his cousin’s birthday party, Maya… I doubt she would hang out with me anyway. Then there is Sandy. I honestly don’t know what’s been going on with her lately. After our date, if you can even call it that. She has been more distant. I heard from Danielle that she has a family reunion she’s going to, never really said where.

“I’m so bored!” I say, tossing up a pillow.

“Then go outside or something!” I hear from downstairs.

I almost retort , but consider the idea. I didn’t really have anything better to do. Besides, a little fresh air never hurt anybody. I stretch before walking downstairs. Out of the corner of my eye I see my mom in the kitchen sitting down. “Wow, I honestly didn’t think you would actually get up,” she says.

“I almost didn’t, but it was either that or homework,” I say, shrugging my shoulders.

She rolls her eyes. “Just go already.”

I walk out the door, and take in a deep breath of fresh air. It’s times like these where I really appreciate the neighborhood I live in. I walk to the front of my porch taking in the scenery around me. It’s a beautiful sight really; flowers of all colors cover the edges of sidewalks and trees tower above them with branches folded over almost like a canopy.

Out of the corner of my eye I see a figure with shaggy brown hair, and baby blue eyes. “Hey Casey!”

He flinches when he hears me. “Oh hey Jayden,” he says with a shaky voice.

Why does he sound so nervous? I glance up taking a look at where he is. That’s… Maya’s house, why is he standing in front of there? I mean they don’t really talk that much, as far as I’ve seen.

“Hey dude, what are you up to?”

“Oh you know, just passing by.” He says avoiding my gaze.

“Oh alright then.” I don’t really believe that, but I won’t press the issue. Not like it’s any of my business. “So where were you headed?”

He smiles. “I was going to stop by Barney’s real quick. You want to come with?”

I silently thank the lord. “Thank God, I was getting bored out of my mind!” I say with a laugh.

“Not from what I’ve heard. You’ve had it pretty rough these last few weeks.”

I scoff. “That’s putting it lightly.”

He laughs, but accidently bumps into a girl looking down while texting. “Hey, watch where you’re-“

She stops upon getting a look at his face. “Are you alright Miss?” He asks with genuine concern.

She looks away trying to hide her blush. “Oh no I’m fine. It was my fault.” She sends him a wink before walking off.

Casey gives me an innocent look. “Weird right?”

I roll my eyes. Yeah it was weird alright. I swear Casey is the biggest players that I know. No, it’s not like he goes flirting with every girl he sees. It’s that they all just flock to him. It’s a skill he must have picked up or something, because one look in his eyes and the girls are all over him. Not that it bothers me all that much. I already have a perfect girlfriend, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t jealous.