Chapter 2: I Get my Fortune told by a Hobo

Chapter 2

 I Get my Fortune told by a Hobo

It’s been a couple days since the incident with Donald. We’ve been avoiding each other, thank God for his sake, and my sanity. That brute needs to learn how to keep that fat mouth of his shut. Thankfully it’s now Thursday, and I’ve got the whole afternoon to myself. Plus I’ve got a date with Sandy tomorrow which is an added bonus.

            I feel my phone vibrate, so I get out of my bed and check my pockets. ‘Hey babe, I’m heading downtown with Daniel, and Casey. You wanna come with? Oh and ask Danielle too. :)’ I’m a little relieved I have some plans for today now. I was getting so bored I was actually thinking about doing my homework. I get up and grab my keys from my shelf, and head out to my car. I look up and see the dark clouds rolling in, seems like a storm is coming.

            I make my way down the road to Danielle’s house which is unfortunately located in the rich neighborhood. The thing about our neighborhood is that it’s separated into two parts. One is where the middle class like yours truly lives, and the other is where all the higher ups live. To be honest I always hate driving here because of all the dirty looks I get. Luckily Danielle isn’t stuck up like the rest of them.

Danielle Porter. Daughter of Enrique Porter, head of Porter Sports Industries. I met her back in the 5th grade when she first moved here. I remember she came in with two butlers at lunch and was brought a 5 course meal. Me being the rebel I was back then decided I would try to take some, but also being the klutz that I was, I failed and ended up pantsing one of the butlers. He wasn’t too happy about it, but I did manage to make Danielle laugh so hard she had to go home due to stomach cramps. We’ve been friends ever since.

I pull up into a driveway and let out a whistle while parking the car. As many times as I’ve been to Danielle’s house, I’m still always amazed. A six story mansion with blue and silver covering the walls. In front of that a yard so big it puts the gardening club to shame. In the middle a fountain stands with a statue of the Goddess of wisdom Athena. I feel no shame when I say I’m so jealous of Danielle. Who isn’t? If this were my house I’d have the biggest game of Hide and go Seek in history.

            I walk up to the golden gates, and approach the voice box on the side. “Please state your name and purpose.” A voice says. It’s scratchy, and sounds a little old.

“Hey old man! It’s me, mind letting Danielle know I’m here?” I say waving at the camera. I’m not sure but I could’ve sworn I heard a groan from the other side.

“One moment Mister Jayden.” He says. It’s faint but I hear him mutter something about troublesome teenagers. I chuckle and lean back on the hood of my car to wait for Danielle. A little later I see a golf cart approaching the gate. Her yard is so big you have to take one to cross it. Running it would be like running a marathon.

A girl with curly brown hair and vibrant green eyes comes into view. Her light tan really shows, and is rather surprising considering how much it rains here. She sees me and waves excitedly.

            “Hey Jayden!” She says pulling up. She unlocks the gate and pulls me into a hug. I laugh returning the gesture. Sometimes Danielle can be really physical. She’s a hard-core hugger.

“Someone’s in a good mood.”

“Do I need a reason to be happy?” She retorts walking to side of my car.

“Maybe if that reason is Daniel.” I say with a smirk, earning me a slap on the arm. I feel if I get smacked there enough times this arm’s going to fall off. She blushes and jumps in the car. I shake my head. There wasn’t a soul who didn’t know Danielle and Daniel had a thing for the other. I mean just look at their names, they were made for each other. Honestly the only people that didn’t know, were those two themselves. It’s almost impossible not to see it considering they flirt all the time. It can be annoying at sometimes, because neither one will ask the other out. They take stubborn to a whole new level. Of course I can’t complain; it’s always entertaining watching them get embarrassed around each other.