Frozen Flames; Perfect Ending

(oh woah. it's been ages. anyhow, i'm back. feeling pretty full of ideas to write again. i don't know what happened, but ideas just weren't appearing. so here you go. hope you guys enjoy. fan, comment, vote if you do enjoy it. i would really really appreciate it. mkay, thanks!(:)

Renesmee Cullen:

Chapter Sixteen; Perfect Ending

“Jacob, I may be half human, but I’m still tough...” I protested, while he slipped a thick crackly waterproof over my woollen fleece, jumper, cardigan, top and vest. At this rate, I was going to end up not only throwing snowballs, but looking like one too.

He began zipping it up, ignoring the debate in my statement completely. “I see. So is that why, when you turned up drenched in freezing water, which will probably be your condition by the end of the day once the boys have finished with you, you were shivering like nobody’s business?”

“I...” He wrapped a chunkily knitted woollen scarf around my neck as I hesitated. “That was different.”

“You were cold and wet, no difference to how you’d feel after a snowball fight, especially when you have several annoyed werewolves waiting out there,” Jake grinned, cupping my cheeks. “I’m not going to let you get ill again on my watch. No way.”

“I wasn’t...” I attempted.

“Shh,” he silenced me, placing a warm finger softly over my lips. “Renesmee, I’m going to take care of you, whether you like it or not.”

I sighed, and then couldn’t help smiling at his overprotective attitude, even though it did make me feel exactly my true age.

“Can I go now then?” I asked against his soft fingertip, glancing eagerly towards the half-open French doors that were letting in waves of frosty winter air that mingled with the inside heat in a pleasant and exciting way.

“Sure.” He grinned in amusement, finally pulling his finger away and turning me to face the door. “I’ll be out in a minute... Oh!”

I’d only taken a single step before he’d pulled me back into his arms, and a second after, the room before me turned to pitch black as something soft was pulled onto my head and over my eyes. I spun around, seeing nothing, and stumbled towards him with my arms outstretched. There was a loud chuckle as he caught me in an embrace and pushed back the snug, woollen hat away from my eyes.

“Steady there,” he laughed, as I scowled up and started to tug the silly accessory off my head. “No don’t, it’s adorable. You’re adorable!”

His warm hands caught mine and lowered them down to my sides, forcefully yet gently at the same time.

“Jacob. I look like a twerp...” I gestured quickly in annoyance to the flaps that he was adjusting over my ears. “Seriously.”

“You could never look like a twerp.” He landed a light kiss on my nose. “Just go and play honey, you shouldn’t be caring about your outfit anyway. I don’t see why beautiful girls like you always have a tendency to do that.”

There he went again with the ‘beautiful’ thing. His eyes must be fitted with some sort of permanent filter which drained away my flaws and presented me as an angel to him when he set his gaze upon me; to me, I seemed perfectly normal and fairly bland.

I turned, following his orders before he pulled out the pleading eyes trick, and ran on my tiptoes out through the door and into the mounds of snow. These made my delicate steps substantially more difficult to keep dainty and ladylike and after only a few more steps and stumbles, I resorted to wide paced strides towards where they were grouped.