- Out There -

Newt put his clothes back on and went to walk back to our hut. "Hey you comin Greenie?" He said, I looked up at him and his eyes were sparkling and his smile filled me with so much hope and love I couldn't help but smile back. "Um give me a few minutes?" I said back he nodded and walked off.

"Do you think anything else is out there Chuck?" I said sitting next to his cross. "I mean we can't be the only people alive and immune can we? I mean what's across this ocean?" I said out loud. "I've been thinking that too" Jorge said behind me, I hadn't seen him for a few days but the years have not been kind to him. "Oh" I replied. And he slowly say down next to me. "I'm going to cross that ocean one day Greenie" Jorge said taking a deep breath of the salty air. "We'll take me with you when you do?" I smiled and he nodded.

The next morning I decided I would talk to the guys about possibly exploring beyond our borders. But when I got outside everyone was stood by the beach. I ran over and pushed my way through the crowd. "Jorge what are you doing man?" I said walking forward, he was tying pieces of wood together. "I'm building a raft." He said looking up at me briefly and then carrying on with his fancy knots. "I told you" he said " I'm going to cross that ocean"
"Jorge we don't know how big it is, that raft will never hold together long enough."
"Yes it will. This is me we're talking about!"
He carried on dragging longer and hacker pieces of wood to add to his raft. This guy is crazy!

Eventually Brenda got him to stop and he went to bed. I stood behind the raft and looked at it. "Maybe it will work" I said quietly for my own ears to hear.
"Don't even think about it" Minho said behind me.
"What?"
"Taking that raft Greenie! I won't let you"
"Minho! I wanna see what's out there too"
"Yeah so do I but now is not the right time. You know full well you won't make it on a bit of wood!"
"But-"
"NO!"
"Minho-"
"No! We will talk it over with the guys later. No one is taking that raft out to sea."
I grumbled and followed him back to have lunch.

------------------------------
Not sure how some of you will react to what I'm going to do with this story so please just bear with me and if you don't like where I'm going with it then i can change it. I'm not entirely sure myself what I want to do yet.

I love you all
Love Abbie <3