- Pain In The Neck -

I continued walking, I headed for the big lake in a clearing of trees. The water was cool and clean and I wanted the crashing waterfall on my head to try and get depressing thoughts out of my head. I could hear someone following me, my senses had heightened in the time id been here I knew the footsteps were Newt's. I smiled as I sat at the edge of the lake. I lifted my shirt off and edged into the cool water, I sunk in it and felt everything bad disappear I held a rock to keep me under as I looked up and saw a rippling body above the water, it was Newt of course just like I thought. My head broke the water as I floated back to the surface, I pushed my hair away from my face and looked at him. His eyes met mine and then looked down my chest, his eyes looked from the scar on my shoulder where gally stabbed me 6 years ago and then to the diagonal one across my chest that a griever did in the maze. "Yah know you need to learn to be a bit more stealthy Newt, I heard you as soon as I entered the trees" I said smiling and resting my hands on top of the water. "I know, I wanted you to hear me. They never went away did they?" His eyes flashed to my scars again, I smiled sweetly "you don't have to look at them Newt" I said swimming towards the waterfall. "No but they remind me how much pain you've been through, how strong you are and it also reminds me how much I never want to hurt you" he took of his shirt and jeans and jumped into the lake splashing me with a spray of water. As I neared the waterfall my feet touched the floor and I stood up the water was just above my belly button. Newt's eyes fixed on another scar I had, he stopped walking towards me and turned his back on me. The scar on my stomach he had caused when he shot me at the bowling alley in the crank palace, that had never gone away either. I waded through the water my feet couldn't touch the bottom but Newt's could, I grabbed his shoulders to keep me Floating and turned him around to face me. "You really are tiny!" He said and wrapped my arms around his neck, he put his hands on my legs and effortlessly wrapped my legs around his waist as he sunk into the water. "I can't undo what I did but-" I cut him off but kissing him, me face was wet and it rubbed onto his. He stopped trying to fight and pulled my tighter against him, I didn't think it was possible. "You don't have to apologise Newt, now stop talking and kiss me!" I said sternly and he smiled and growled in my ear and he kissed down my neck. I sighed as he dug his fingers in my back with made me Yelp a little. He trailed one hand around to my stomach and up towards my chest before he could touch anything else I felt a stabbing pain in my neck. It was unbearable I screamed and let go of Newt, my head went below the water as the pain got worse but I couldn't move. I felt a set of arms pull me out of the water my eyes were squeezed shut and I was screaming uncontrollably. "Greenie?! Greenie what's wrong?" Newt shouted at me as wrapped his shirt around me as it was bigger. "My neck" I managed to cough out, the pain wasn't subsiding at all Newt picked me up and ran back to the glade shouting help.
"What's wrong? What did you do to her?" Minho shouted.
" I didn't do anything idiot! We were swimming and....uh kissing and...yeah well all of sudden she started screaming and holding her neck" Newt said laying me down on our bed. "I need you to move your hand so I can see baby!" Newt said and he gently took my shaking hands and looked at my neck.

"Oh my god" he said and exchanged a haunting look with Minho.

------------------------------------
Hope you guys enjoyed this :D
I love you all I HIT 200 FOLLOWERS today! Thank you<3
I love you all
Love Abbie 💚💚💚