"You'd say I'm sorry, believe me, I love you, but not in that way."

More tears came from both of us as her voice cracked at 'I love you'. This was possibly the saddest thing I've ever seen and heard. I turned to Ally only to find the exact opposite reaction. She was frowning at the girl on stage. I tapped her side with my arm. She turned to look at me before immediately turning back to walk up to the girl.

"Ally!" I tried getting her attention, but was shut down.

I looked over to Camila and Dinah, but they were already looking at me confused.

"Lo, what's going on?" Dinah asked as her and Camz walked closer to me.

"Uh, I don't know exactly, but I'm about to find out. Stay here." I told them, looking directly in their eyes before leaving in the direction Ally went.

"Lolo!" I heard Camila yell over the other people in the bar, but I kept going. I needed to know what's going on.

I continued through the loud crowd until I spotted the short girl. She walked up to Mani, with one emotion I can't misread. Anger. She looked furious. Why is she so mad, though? She finally reached Normani, stopping still as ever. Normani didn't even attempt to look at the girl. She just stayed with her head down, staring at the ground. I walked closer to hear better, but staying out of sight at the same time.

"Mani, look at me." I heard Ally say softly. Mani stayed where she was.

"Normani, look. At me." She said again, but with a stronger voice this time. Normani looked up hesitantly, her eyes wavering.

"I'm sorry." I barely caught it, she whispered.

"For what? Not telling me you had a crush on me? For going up there and singing like that in front of everyone? For assuming I wouldn't feel the same way? For being sorry? There's a list Normani."

"I'm sorry."

"Stop apologising! I don't want to hear your apologies!" She yelled, making people around them look in their direction. I moved to get out of sight quickly, slightly closer.

"Why are you so angry?"

"I don't know. I just, feel betrayed. Like the person I'm closest to doesn't trust me. Thinks I'm gonna just spaz out and kick her to the curb. Doesn't know me as well as I thought she did."

"I know. I'm sorr-I....I didn't mean for any of this. I just, can't help that you make me feel the way that I do. I felt guilty. I don't know why. I just needed to get this off my chest. I shouldn't feel this way. Its not-I don't want-I..." She struggled to form the right words.

"Why can't you feel this way, Mani?" She sounded like she calmed down. Her voice is soft again.

"I don't wanna lose you. You...you're so amazing and sweet. I just don't want to lose a friend, a best friend."

I saw Ally move closer.

"You'll never lose me. I will always be here with you. Mani, you are my everything. I still don't know how you could be so oblivious." Ally laid her hand on Normani's forearm.

"What?" She looked genuinely confused.

"Has anyone ever told you how stupid you are, Mani?" No, I heard her right, but her face was being very deceitful. She was smiling.

"A couple of times, but I'm pretty sure they were joking. You're joking right?"

"No." Normani looked around to see if anyone else hears what she hears. I quickly move back behind the wall before she seen me. I could still hear them though.