The White House- Chapter 2

First off I would like to say Wow. Never in a million years did I think that this story would get to #4 after one chapter! It is crazy.

Sorry for any spelling or grammer.

And Enjoy!!!!!

************

Chapter 2

When his eyes found mine the sly grin across his handsome face widened. I had to mentally slap myself to keep my feet rooted to the ground and stop them marching over there and kicking him where the sun don't shine.

Upon seeing my reaction he raised his right hand and gave me a small wave, sarcasm screaming from his polished Italian shoes to his light brown hair. I think the thing that annoyed me the most was that he knew he was hot, so he had no problems acting cocky. With eyes the color of the Mediterranean Sea and hair that fell effortlessly across his forehead, giving him a tousled look, even I had to admit he was good looking. Especially when he was currently dressed head to toe in an Armani suit and looked like he was about to step onto a Hugo Boss advert. That didn't stop him being a total jerk though.

Grinding my teeth together I muttered under my breath. This was so not what I needed or wanted right now. Why did he and his cocky face have to come? Surely he had something better to do other then terrorise me?

Hearing a slight cough behind me I turned to see Dad giving me a stern look that said, 'snap out of it!' His eyes were scrunched up at the sides, wrinkles forming all the way to his peppering sideburns.

"Linda!" Rose called, kissing my mom on the cheek before bringing her into a hug.

"Rose, it's so nice to see you," Mom replied, pulling back from the hug to look at her face. "You look just as stunning as ever. You really are as pretty as a rose."

"Oh stop it Linda. You and Patience are the Spanish beauties. I have always wanted your golden skin."

"No. Rose, you don't see yourself clearly..."

"Stop it you two or we will be here forever," David joked, taking a step forward from behind his wife and wrapping his arm around her waist. "You are both as beautiful as each other."

I grinned at their small display. They always seemed to have the same conversation whenever they met.

Rose continued to smile at mom, her strawberry blonde hair curling gracefully around her neck. "Well, shall we take a seat," she announced, guiding us to the table.

We sat down on the chairs -- Kasper at the head of the table with me to his right. I was about to ask mom to switch places, but she had already sat down next to Dad. Well, this is a perfect seating arrangement! Kasper better be careful or I might just end up strangling him.

Glancing over at Kasper I noticed that he was smirking at me. "What's your problem," I whispered so that our parents couldn't hear, anger seeping through my gritted teeth. "You're beginning to look like a starfish."

Kasper just laughed, "Oh Patience, only you could come out with that."

I turned my head, feeling my cheeks go pink. Don't strangle him, don't strangle him, I thought to myself over and over again. I was going to need some serious therapy after tonight.

Trying to distract myself from a potential murder I began listening in on the conversation Dad and David were having, hearing snippets about the election that was approaching in a year. Feeling myself deflate in boredom I swivelled myself back round to look at the cutlery. There were elegant swirls that ran up the handles of the silver, and the tip had a gold rose, the petals delicately unfolding.