When all the dust settled, I heard more whispers and every person standing around me was watching me with wide eyes. I felt a little awkward under the sudden attention so I just bowed and scurried out of the grounds. When I was a good distance away from most of the crowd, I placed a hand on my chest as I breathed a sigh of relief. I looked at my hands feeling my heart pounding hard against my ribs.

"Wow, I didn't think I could actually pull that off. It looks like Krystal was right in saying that I am a powerful alchemist," I mumbled to myself.

"That was a splendid show, Miss Arisa!" The Fuhrer's voice had me whirl around to see his cheery expression.

"Thank you, Fuhrer Sir," I responded, bowing in respectful greeting.

He chuckled, holding one hand up. "I suppose it's alright for me to say welcome to the military. You are a strong alchemist and will surely be a great addition to the military. You'll also be quite famous as the first female State Alchemist. It's truly an era of change."

"You flatter me, Fuhrer Sir," I said, smiling wide. It felt great to be appreciated for my alchemy, and by the Fuhrer himself! I felt euphoric, and finally proud of my ability.

"Not at all. Anyway, I was informed that you will be stationed under Col. Mustang if you passed the exam. You should pack and make haste to East City since I have passed you – I will have the appointment letter sent there."

"I understand. I will pack and take my leave immediately!"

"Ah, but take this. You need this if you're going to be let into the military's building in East City," he said, holding out a signed paper that was handed to him by his secretary. It was an unofficial appointment letter with the Fuhrer's sign – a temporary document until I received my official appointment letter in East City.

"Thank you, Your Excellency. I will be on my way now." Sparing him a bow, I left the Central Command, punching the air in a cheer once. I was ready for my new job and new life as a proud, strong and confident State Alchemist.

Envy pov:

I was more pissed off than usual at the humans I had been dealing with off late. They were all so pathetic. Incredibly useless, weak, and greedy. The world would surely be much better if they all just disappeared.

"It seems you're not in a good mood again, Envy," came Lust's smooth voice as she eyed me entering my room in Dante's mansion.

I spared her and Gluttony a sharp glare before hissing, "No one asked for your opinion, Lust. If it wasn't for Pride, I could have been having fun ridding the world of pathetic humans! Or even better, I could have had my fill of entertainment watching the Fullmetal pipsqueak suffer in despair! I could have found ways to traumatize him and the metal freak he calls his brother."

Lust chuckled, crossing her arms and shifting on her feet. "Envy, always so hasty. Come, Dante sama is calling for us. It seems Pride has arrived."

With a click of my tongue in annoyance, I followed Lust and Gluttony to the huge library where the old hag usually spent most of her time. I didn't really care for the old hag who called herself our benefactor – the only reason I followed her was because I could enjoy my life to the fullest by killing many pathetic humans. It was always fun messing with their heads and then watching them beg for their lives before I killed them just like they deserved for all their flaws and fakeness. The sight of blood splattered on the floor and walls was thrilling.

And it was even more fun messing with the Fullmetal pipsqueak, watching his face contort in expressions of fear and agony and anger.

I kicked open the doors of Dante sama's library with ease before striding inside with Lust and Gluttony following close behind. Pride stood in front of her, his posture fitting for his title as the Fuhrer of the military.