Chapter 5

Dean's POV

3 days have passed after I've told Brianna and Drew, my real story. I don't know why I trust them so easily, especially that girl. She's so simple yet there is something in her that most people, not only man likes.

After I told them the truth about my own identity, I feel relief. I live in a place where my secrets are all hidden. Having it locked is a burden for me. Now after revealing it to the world, I feel free.

I still remember the vast happiness I shared with my father. We were having fun playing in the beach together with my mother; Eat together in our favourite restaurant every Sundays. Play piano in Children's Orphanage every Friday and go to Philippines every summer.

When I was four, my dad told me a story about a king who really loves his family. One day, the king needs to have a big decision in his life. He needs to choose, to eat the apple or to live without a family. That apple he was referring is poisonous. If he eats it, it's a total suicide and his family will able to continue their living but if not, he will lose his family and live as a king forever. I will never forget this story of him. There is something hidden there that I don't know before but now, I already knew.

My dad, he's so hard working and loving man. His eyes always show the emotions. He's clever and funny guy. It might be the reason why my mom is madly inlove with that guy.

My mom, she's kind and sweet. And I know she's a tough woman. Knowing her, she won't let any problems succumb her. Yet losing her one and only loved, the man who vow at her and show her the beauty of the world, made her insane. She's so much in pain. Emotionally and mentally. I don't wanna see her like that. I don't wanna see her cry. I want my mom back. It kills me everytime I saw her crying, hurting herself just because that man cannot fight his love to this woman who was very inlove with him. It tears me. It hurts me a lot when everytime I talk to her, she always tell me that my dad will come back home soon. She always says this words, "Son, you look like your dad. You're handsome, thoughtful, and sweet," while caressing my face. "I know your dad will be proud of you. I know he will."

"Son, he loves you so much. He loves us. He always, every minute, every hour and every day, thinks of you," She continued while sobbing. Then why he's not here with us, I asked myself. "He will come back, he promised. He promised me he will be here. Here, in the house we built together. Here in the house where we share all good memories with him. Here in our home, son."

I love both of my parents. I really do. That's why I am trying too hard. Too hard to bring back what they have before but I can't. I just can't. Everything in this world is quickly changing. They keep moving. I can't go with the flow. It's quite hard for me to run with it.

I wish as I closed my eyes, everything will come back - the memories, the laughter and the joy that filled my heart before. I wish I can turn back time. I wish it is just a tick-tock of a clock. But it wasn't.

He's too far away. We're here and he's there. There is a big gap between us. He owns lot of company. We just own a small house. He's now happy and we're here standing alone. He's out of reach.

Everytime I saw him, I grieve the loss of father's affection and love. But, I still love him no matter what. And I am so proud of him for what he attains in his life. However, I wish he attains it with us.

Seeing his new family now, I know he's happy but did he still remember his first family? Did he ever think that we're not happy without him? For many years, we choose to keep in silence but I'm longing for a father who will be my best buddy and the best partner of my mom. We just want to feel loved.

DREW's POV

"Aren't you going to school with me? It's almost time." I was talking now with Nathalie who was looking at the window.