Chapter 1

"Being enlightened by a person whom you didn't know, feels really strange. But at the same time, here comes the sensation that it's better to trust this person because he has this massive understanding about your situation even though he really doesn't know you."

I woke up with confusion. Where am I? My eyes roamed around to picture out what is this place. And what happened before I got here.

This eerie surrounding, a white four-walled room is creepy. The wind hushes. The window's glasses are broken. I tried to sit but I can't. My back aches. Being in agony, I closed my eyes trying to calm myself.

The door opened. A girl wearing white uniform remains motionless behind the door.

"Oh, finally you're awake!" She blurted.

After I saw her, I knew I was in Newton's University clinic.

"Why I am here?" I asked.

"Oh, are you kidding me? You don't remember what happened? Well, let me remind you that you're not batman to clash with gangs. Don't try to become a superhero kid."

The students here in this university are mostly delinquent, jerk and bum students like me. The university is divided into two. There is an extraordinary building located at the back of the campus. This special building is for the most intelligent, talented and active students here in this university. Only 50 students qualified and were able to enter in this building. 20 students from freshmen, 15 sophomores, 10 juniors, and 5 seniors.

They become famous because of their capabilities to compete in different universities. While we, the lower class become famous not because of that. But because we compete with each other and with other gangs. We're not noticeable at all. Most of us are attention-seeker and the only way to be recognized is being the greatest asshole of all assholes.

Now, I remembered everything. I saw this freshman who was being bullied by a shit guys. Based on his appearance, he looks weak. He kept on pushing the big guy and trying to get his bag from the hand of this beast. The guy hit the boy on his head then punched him on his left cheek. The guy wearing jacket with an earring on his nose drubs his back. The other members began to kick the freshman. I can't stand watching this scene. I pulled the big guy and I knocked his head off. The other guys started to punch me. I dodged every punch they gave me. But suddenly someone hit my back with a hard metal. And everything went black.

"Hey, can I go now?"

She stared at me blankly as if she wants to tell me "Hell, No!" so I just look at the window and sigh.

Actually, I am now looking at the "Seed's building". The "Seed" is term used by the school officers to those special students. According to them, they considered the special students the seed of the future. They just need to be planted and taking care of in order to grow. I wonder why no one tries to go there except for those students. Well, I envy them for they are treated differently. There are rumours that the building is like a mansion. According to them, the facilities there are high-tech. They have laboratories. A huge library which is said to be like a mini café with lots of books. You can drink a hot coffee there and read the entire book you like. Their classrooms are air-conditioned and in every discussion, they use projectors. I wonder if those students out there really enjoy their lives. I mean, since they have everything they need, do they feel the real happiness.

After an hour, I tried to move my body and it's finer now so I decided to go now before the nurse demands me to stay.

Now, I am walking back to our classroom but my curiosity prevails. I run fast and went to that building.

The entrance to the Seed building is a garden. I walk slowly and wander around. The pink bougainvillea, blue Greek anemone, lavender aster, yellow Chrysanthemum spray daisy and red roses are all welcoming. This place is different from the place I used to.

I stopped walking when I heard a girl's voice.

"My face is fading like memories fades away. The vast happiness I shared with the people I loved comes to an end. Never thought life is unfair. My merry life will never come back again.

The creation of God is beautiful yet humanity destroys everything. Chaos. Cruelty. And massive abuse of the gift of the Lord.

I was once a child with a smile on her lips but now, I am alone. Like a butterfly flying in the garden with no home to return at all. With no definite direction to go.

A butterfly that lives on her own. No one cares. No one knows. Just live her life as long as she believes that there will be tomorrow. A tomorrow of new beginnings."

I walk closely to the direction of the voice. With bewilderment, I saw her crying. I opted to go now than to ask her about her situation. Suddenly, the vase went bang. I accidentally hit it with my elbow.

"Who's there?" the girl's voice is so refreshing.

I continue walking without looking at her.

"Hey! I'm talking to you. Don't face your back at me." I don't want to take a glance or to talk to her so I continue walking. But unexpectedly she ran and faces me.

"I told you not to face your back at me!" she said then pouts.

"Get out of my way!" I scowled at her.

"I thought I could find friend this time." She groaned. "Not my lucky day maybe." Then, she went back to the bench where she sits before I came.

I feel sorry for her but maybe I am not the one she's looking for. I caught a glimpse of her before I go. She looks like an angel in her white dress and childish on her pony.

I began to walk but I heard her saying this. "Brianna Leighton Smith". Is that her name? Why did she give her name to a stranger?

I am now here in Rm. 111. The truth is I really want to study. To have a perfect scores. To participate in different activities. Yet, doing it is worthless.

Most of my classmates at the back chat. Those in front are sleeping. That girl wearing eyeglasses listens attentively. Well, she may looks like a nerd but actually she always got the lowest score in the class. Yes, maybe because half of our class cheated every exams but I believe it is not the case. It seems like she's a slow-learner.

Anyway, I'm still thinking about the girl I saw in the garden. I can't forgot her long brown hair, her almond brown eyes, her innocent smile and her white dress that really suits her body. The way she talks. The way she walks. The way she looked at me earlier.

Brianna Leighton Smith.

Brianna.

Brianna.

Beautiful name, isn't it?

The bell rang. I walk out even my professor is still lecturing. It's time anyway.

—-

I open the door of our house. A deep silence ensued. No wonder why. My parents are both workaholic individuals. No time to spare love and affection. I don't know what the heck is in their minds. They keep on working. Gonna go home at almost 12 o'clock in midnight then going to leave at past 6 in the morning. Even Saturdays and Sundays are being scheduled for business meetings, seminars and tours. I only see them in special occasions wherein all Lavine's family are invited. I am supposed to be used at it. They just left foods every morning and money for the rest of the day.

I changed my clothes and went outside. I use my motorcycle to go to the nearest restaurant and eat my dinner with no one.

After I eat lasagna and garlic bread for my dinner, I noticed this guy who was in the next table. He only ordered a pineapple juice. He stared at the old lady with prestigious outfit. The old lady looks like a rich woman. She wore a black long gown with high split on the side. The guy looks familiar. Is he a student of Newton's University? Why is he staring at the old lady?

I spied. As I observed this young man, I see anger in his eyes. It glares into fire.

A/N: Thanks for reading :) (Sino po gumagawa ng book cover? Pwede pagawa?)

(Andrew Milton Lavine at the top)

Guys, I badly need help with my grammar. Can someone help me?