Chapter 7

"Why do they need to hide? To avoid judgment? To be loved by their pretentious smile? That perception leads to misconception."

I just wonder why they need to conceal the truth.

How can they hold the tears in their eyes?

And why are they afraid of getting hurt?

Why they can't accept the fact that PAIN is part of our life and it makes us a better person?

Sitting in this bench, I and drew are waiting for Nathalie to come back here. Drew drowned by Candle's beauty. He's staring at her the whole time. Who would not love Becker? She's completely almost perfect, that was what most people think.

Looking at their direction, I saw this young man at her side, just nodding and smiling like a dog while Dean and Candle were busy sharing stories together. My spy antenna tells me that this guy is Becker's bestfriend. I don't know their full story. All I know is when I look at both of them, they look like perfect for each other and I can see at the guy's eyes that he is madly inlove with her. This sounds cliché but I am actually fond of bestfriend's relationship turns to a lover's relationship. I watched hundreds of movies that story went like that. To be honest, for me, it's the best relationship ever. Why? Because bestfriend for me is a friend who will always be there for you no matter what. Someone who knows almost everything about you. Someone who shares his/her laughter, joy and sorrow with you. Someone who knows the smell of your breath, your fart, or even your toes. Someone who cares for you and always there to be with you when you need a punching bag everytime you're angry or pissed, when you need a bear to hug everytime you feel lonely and when you need a singing buddy, even you're out of tune, everytime you're too happy . So, if someone will be your lover, you might be the luckiest guy.

"Undeniably, she's beautiful. I wonder if she's still beautiful even without her makeup." I muttered with a weak voice.

Andrew's attention is still on her. Maybe he didn't hear what I just said because he didn't even bother to look or say anything as a reaction. I look directly at him and find his eyebrows so manly and attractive. I look closer and I saw this little cute black thing near his left eyebrow which reminds me of a boy I met when I was five. It was summer back then, we went to the beach with my family. My parents were busy talking with their colleagues and Andrea, my sister was busy playing the doll my father gave to her. Well, she's too girly and she doesn't like to play with other stuff like I do. Most of the time, she locked herself in her six-cornered room just to play with that freaking doll who never response back when she's trying to talk to her. Poor little sissy, wish she can explore the world like I do. Wish she could see the world like a big arena where she can play more games with the elements of the Earth just like me. We seldom play with each other because we see things differently.

That day, I went near the shore to play sands. In the middle of building my own castle with the use of sands, I saw this boy scratching his eyes the whole time. I thought he's fine but after a moment, I heard him sobbing. Mumbling some words like "ouch, it hurts." And he tried to call her mom but he can't see her anywhere. I went to him and ask him if he's okay. The only answer I get from is, "Go away stupid girl, I'm fine." Well, fine, I gave him what he wanted, I walked back but after taking few steps I heard him calling me again. "Hey! Stupid girl!"

"I'm not stupid, you jerk." I answered irritatedly.

"Fine!" He raised his hands to surrender and then pleaded. "Can you please ... please help me?"

"Oh. That was nice of you to say please after calling me stupid." I used my sarcastic voice and it seems like he's getting pissed with it.

"Tss. Sorry. Now, you already get my sorry please blow my eyes. I felt a tiny object here. Please, it badly hurts. Please!" He pleaded like a little puppy with his eyes.