Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"The world is filled with nice people. If you can't find one, be one." -I checked my instagram account and saw this quote. Do I consider myself a nice person?

In our house (9:47 pm)

"Hey, this will be your room for awhile. Don't worry it's our guest room and my mom and dad will not be around till 1, I guess." I said with my calm voice. "Do you want some foods or something? Just tell me, okay?"

"Thanks for your kindness. Are you Brianna's boyfriend?" She asked immediately.

Why do people think I'm Brianna's boyfriend? Are they kidding me?

"Na ah. She's not my type. We're just ... friends? Maybe. Yeah, that's it." I answered her. "Gonna go! Just knock me at my room if you need something, okay?"

"Hey, I'm afraid of being alone. Can you ... please ... stay here for awhile?" Her eyes tell me to follow her so I nod and sit on the couch. I get my IPhone 6 on my pocket and start to listen on my favourite playlist. Trying to concentrate to the lyrics, I close my eyes.

After a few minutes, I heard her sobbing and mumbling the word "No!". I look at her but she covers her whole body including her head with a blanket.

"Nathalie, are you okay?" She keeps on saying "No" and "Stop".

----

NATHALIE's POV

Is it a nightmare? No, it isn't. It happened not just once nor twice. I wanted to shout for help but I can't. I can't even move my body that time. I can't even utter a word. How can I ask for help? He closed all the windows and doors every time he will go outside so there will be no escape.

I tried to tell my mom what's happening but she keeps on being deaf and accused me for being a liar. She always told me that I used all my shit stories just to make them quarrel. My mom was madly inlove with that guy and I hate it. Sometimes I saw mama and my stepdad, Billy fight but after their fight, they were all wrapped up in each other like there's nothing happened. Billy's right leg thrown over her left, his face buried in her neck trying to lick it. And it makes me sick.

I stopped studying because my mom can't support my schooling. She works as a waitress in a restaurant and half of her salary was given to Billy.

One night, I was washing the dishes in the kitchen when Billy came. It was the first time he tried to harass me. I was shocked when he hugged me. I tried to pull him but his so powerful. He pushed me in the wall and smiled. As he smiled, I can smell his breath -tobacco and beer. Billy touched my legs and moved it up. I tried to punch him but he caught my fist and holds my two hands by his one hand. I cried. I tried to shout but he stopped me by kissing my lips. I moved my body but I felt trapped.

Suddenly his phone rang, so he stopped kissing me but he grabbed me and pulled me in the bed. He tied my hands and feet. After answering his phone, he looked at me then said "Don't tell it to your mama or I'll kill her, understand?"

Everytime my mom went to her work, Billy tied me before he will go to his playing arena. I begged him not to do it but he won't listen.

"Be right back baby." Then, he sucks by neck.

Sometimes, he went home angry and most of the time, drunk. Sometimes, he slept early but most of the time, he explored his hands in my body. Then, it happens. He entered in my -. I want to fight back but how? The only thing I can do by that time is to cry. Until now, I can't believe it happened.

I never imagine my life this way. I thought I could be a dove shared with love. A bird that freely spread her wings and fly. I was once a princess. My king treated me as his precious royalty gift. But he died, seeing no queen on his side. His queen blamed herself and cried all night. I, as a princess, tried to make my queen smile but I failed. All day I only hear her cry and shout. My queen is no longer a queen, she became witch. She's wild -drink bottles of beer everyday, use illegal drugs and hang-out with other man. Until one day, she met this guy named Billy. My queen considered him as his knight.

The first day I saw this man, I thought he will bring back my old mom. He makes my mom laughs again so I just accept him but I didn't consider him as my new king. After a few months, the knight turns to its real form -a beast. He used my mom but my mom love him so much that's why she didn't realize his real intention.

I never thought I will be imprisoned in my own castle. It's like a nightmare. And now, someone wake me up from it. Help me to flee and be free. He's a total stranger but he still help. And I thank my friend, Brianna for helping me too. I thought she forgot our friendship but I'm wrong, she's still my best friend.

"Nathalie, are you okay?" I heard Andrew's concern voice.

I open my eyes and saw his bothered face. I can still feel the dry tears in my cheeks. I don't really know what happened to me. The only thing I knew is that I can't forget the monstrous face of Billy. A shiver went up my spine everytime I remember the moment that he tried to abuse my weakness.

"Hey, Nathalie."

Trying to calm me, Andrew holds my hand. I can't hold back my tears. I am tired of crying but I can't stop it.

"Sssh. Nathalie, look at me. Hey?" During that time, I can't breathe. I can't really control my breathing then I finally hear him humming a lullaby while massaging my hand. "Now, inhale. Exhale. Now, look at me?" I look at him and do what he instructs me. "Now, are you okay? Everything will be fine Nathalie. Trust us. We will make a way. We will help you but for now, try to help yourself, okay?" I nod at him.

He hugged me and caresses my back. "Everything will be okay."

-----

"Hey Drew! Are you still awake son?" I heard my mom's voice shouting. Wait, is only 11:06 in the evening. It's unusual for them to go home early. What's happening?

"Hey. Dreeew!"

Oh, hell. I forgot. How can I tell them that I have a visitor?

"Andrew, what will we do now?" Nathalie asked.

Think. I can't think right now? What are we gonna do? Hearing the footstep of my mom coming, I can't calm myself.

"Hey?"

"Umm ... Umm ... yeah, just hide there. There in the curtain. Faster. Okay, just don't move, understand? My mom is stricter than my dad so I don't like her to see you. She has a creative imagination and I hate it so please don't make any noise."

After I hide Nathalie, I run to the bed and act like I am reading a phone messages. Then a few minutes, my mom opened the door.

"Hey son! Why are you here?"

"I like to sleep here ma. Anyway, you're too early." I said in sarcastic tone.

With bewilderment, I look at my mother's eyes. She's not directly looking at me. She's looking at the window.

I stand and ask her to have some coffee to catch her attention but she didn't look at me.

"Drew, son, are you hiding something?" My mom's voice grew louder.

"Mom? Are you kidding me? I don't hide anything from you. You must be hungry. Let's eat in the dining room." I lift her face and smile at her.

"You're so sweet son." My mom smiled back but suddenly, her face changed. I think she already know everything. "You're a pretty liar son; I saw a girl sandal in the shoe rack. Where is she? Wait, don't tell me you're having sex with her? God, son! You're too young. We didn't teach you to be like that."

"Mom, you're wrong. What the hell are you thinking?" I shout.

"Then, what the hell are you doing here with that girl ha?"

"Hey, Nathalie. Come here!" I call her. She looks frightened that's why I went to her. "Mom, this is Nathalie. My friend. Well, it's a long story. Too long and I'm tired right now. To make it short, she needs our help. She needs a home. I'll tell you tomorrow the whole story. So, can we take a rest now mom?"

"Oh, I guess I can't tell it tomorrow. You might be busy." I said in sarcastic tone.

A/N: Yah, this chapter is kinda short. Gonna work on that. Nathalie at the top guys :) Thanks for reading again. Hit star button if you like this chapter, if not, thanks again for reading and I am willing to listen on your comments about the whole chapter. Sorry for the wrong grammars. Pm me please if I have one. Or you can comment it. I will accept it with all my heart and soul.

So, what gonna happen next? Stay tuned!