Chapter 6: Firs' Years This Way!

Start from the beginning

"COMING!" we both yell in unison. Draco and I walk into the hallway where my mum was waiting with out driver, Hans.

"Let's go children," mum opens the door, "It's about a ten minute ride from here. If we hurry, we'll be able to find you a compartment."

"Alright," I say and Draco follows me outside to our Ford 4X4.

"That's an awesome truck!" exclaims Draco, admiring the tires.

"Mum picked it out," I tell him, "Let's sit in the the trunk! It's always the funnest place to sit!"

"But where will all our things go?" Draco asks me curiously.

"It's magic, Draco!" I laugh, "Our owls will fit in the back with us, and our trunks can go behind mum and Hans, the driver."

"OHHH!" says Draco, "Alright."

At that moment, mum walks up behind me.

"Cat, are you sitting in or out?" she asks me. Draco looks confused, but I know exactly what she's talking about.

"Out," I reply. 

"Alright," she turns around, "HANS! Could you please put the kids' trunks into the back seats?"

"Yes, ma'am," grunts Hans, heaving the trunks.

"Let's get into the back," I turn to Draco, "Now it's my turn to lead you."

"I opened the trunk's back door and we climbed in. Hans handed us out owls. After a few minutes, the engine gave a roar and we were off.

"THIS IS SO MUCH FUN!" yells Draco, the wind roaring in our ears.

"I KNOW!" I shouted back, "THE TRAIN WILL BE EVEN FUNNER!"

"LISTEN! ABOUT THE TRAIN RIDE!" Draco shouts, "SOME FRIENDS WILL BE SITTING WITH US! DO YOU MIND?!"

"OF COURSE NOT!" I reply.

"LOOK!" Draco points behind me, "THE TRAIN STATION!"

I look behind me to find a brick station. A few seconds later, we come to a stop and Draco and I get out.

"This was children," mother says, "The train leaves in half an hour. We can find you a compartment."

"Right," I mumble, "Let's go, Draco."

"Let's go," he repeats. Hans lifts our trunks onto two different trolleys and hands us our tickets.

"Platform nine and three-quarters?!" Draco asks me, "There's no such thing! Is there?"

"This is the wizarding world, Draco," I laugh again, "Anything's possible."

"Right," he rolls his eyesm "I think your mum knows what she's doing."

And my mum did know. She walked straight in front of a brick wall between platforms 9 and 10.

"Come on," she waves her hand, "Just walk through here."

"Are you crazy?" I ask, "We'll break our ribs walking into a brick wall!"

"Hans," mum says simply. Hans walks straight into the brick wall and disappears.

"You were saying?" mum raises an eyebrow.

Come on," Draco says, running into the wall and disappears on the the other side. I do the same. A moment later, a bright red steam engine with the letters Hogwarts Express emblazoned in gold letters appears. A grinning Draco looks at me, then my mother appears.