Latching Onto You

Jack and Mark new each other since they were young, But Mark moved to America when he was 16. Now, in 2015,  Jack works at a little coffee joint and Mark is a big YouTube star , they meet.

( Day of the move) *Marks POV*

" Are we still gonna be friends?" Jack asked me. I nodded.

" of course! I'll never forget about you!" I said, hugging him. He hugged me back. We parted when I heard my mum calling my name. I looked over at Jack one last time.

" bye Jacky Boy. See ya soon!" I said, hugging him one last time before I got into the van. I looked out of the window as My best friend got further away until I couldn't see him no more. I looked at the cold Irish weather. Soon this would be replaced with the hot sun in America. I would never forget about Jack though, he was my best friend...

( October 7th 2015) *Jack's POV *

I had found a job in a small coffee shop, taking the orders. It was a good way to pass the time, even though I never saw a new face, just the regulars, like the old lady in the corner that always smells of lavender, the young girl that would come in and have a chat sometimes but most be in here studding, and the small family that we allowed to bring in their pet pug called Douglas. I sighed, remembering about my childhood best friend. I never forgot about him, and I regretted never telling him how I felt towards him. The door opened to the place opened and an unfamiliar face caught my attention. A man, a bit taller than I was, stood there. he had hair that was dyed pink and looked really lost. He came up to the counter and I smiled politely.

" Hi, what could I get you?" I asked. He thought. He looked really familiar.

" Can I get a hot chocolate and a toffee muffin please?" he said, he sounded like he had an American accent, but with a hint of Irish . I nodded.

" £5.50 please." I said. He gave me the money and I gave the order to my friend Lilly, who made the drinks. I decided to talk to this mystery guy.

" so, what you doing here then?" I asked him.

" I've come here for a YouTube convention." he said. I nodded.

" you a fan, or...?" I asked, trying not to sound rude. He laughed.

" I'm a YouTuber. I make video's and I have millions of subscribers" he said. I nodded.

" whats your name on there then?" I asked.

" Markiplier" he said. " My names mark. I actually used to live here." he said, suddenly My mind clicked. This was Mark!

" Mark?" I said. He looked confused.

" Yeah?" He questioned. I hoped I was right.

" Did you used to have a friend called jack?" I asked. He thought then nodded, smiling.

" yeah, I did." He said, then looked closer at me.

" hang on....JACK!?" he said, grinning. I nodded.

" Oh my gosh. I... I... AH!" he said. I smiled.

" we need to catch up, like when are you free?" he asked. I looked at the clock. 5:56PM

"My shift ends in four minuets so... wanna then?" I asked. He nodded.

" find a table and I'll be over with your drink and food" I smiled. He went and sat down by the window while Lilly handed me the drink and the muffin. I thanked her and went to him. We started to talk about everything that has happened. I found out why he started YouTube and what it was like in America.

" Woah, sounds amazing" I said. I looked at the time and was shocked to see it was nearly 8:00pm.

"it's been amazing talking to you Mark! Can I have your number again so we don't lose touch?" I asked. He seemed sad but nodded.

" Yeah" he said, giving me his number. We got up and said our goodbyes, but not before Mark hugged me.

" see ya Jacky boy" He said, leaving the shop. I felt said that I made him go, but I needed to clean up the café. I went behind the bar and started to clean when I got a text.

"MARKIMOO:

hey its me :) " I smiled. Maybe I will have my best friend back.