Chapter Three: Fight Against the Soul Reapers

"Hey, Rukia. Orihime. Ishida. Chad." Rei greeted them one by one.

They nodded in response, though they looked on edge.

"What's wrong?" Rei asked. Suddenly, she felt as though a waterfall had crashed right onto her body. What immense Spirit Pressure! But who did it belong to, and where was it coming from?

Yet, this Spirit Pressure seemed familiar. She had sensed it somewhere earlier. But when?

Rukia's eyes flew wide open. "Ichigo! I can't believe it!"

"What is it?" He asked.

"All thirteen squads are coming!"

Rei frowned. Judging from their expressions, this was a big deal. "But what're they coming here for? Surely not more Menos Grande."

"No, no Menos Grande would take all thirteen captains to defeat, much less all thirteen squads. But here they come."

Rei braced herself. The air shimmered, and hundreds of Soul Reapers flickered into view, the thirteen squad captains lined in front of them. Every last one had a sword drawn, their faces set with grim determination.

"Brother!" Rukia called to a young man, one of the captains, with black hair held in some strange metal hairpiece. "What's all this about?"

Toshiro stepped forward. "We were sent here on the orders of Central 46 to capture and bring back the blue-haired girl, the one that's both a Quncy and a Soul Reaper."

Rei's jaw clenched, and she set her bag down beside her feet, freeing her hands. "That would be me. I'm Rei Asaka. What business does the Soul Society want with me?"

"You will be informed of that upon your arrival. Please come quietly with us."

Rei remained stubborn. "Tell me right now, or I won't budge."

"If you must know, the Central intends on stamping out all threats to the Soul Society. You, or more specifically, your powers, are seen as a threat that need to be stamped out."

One of the captains interupts Toshiro. This captain freaked Rei out, with his strange black and white face, and his sideways pointed white hat. "Indeed, I'd like to do all sorts of experiments on you. Who knows what information and data you have concealed in your body right this moment."

"In that case, I'm not going." Rei replied. "I'm staying right here."

"You don't have a choice." Toshiro said. "Come with us."

"Make me." Rei shot back. To prove her point, she tapped her collarbone, separating herself from her gigai. Her soul was dressed in a skintight black jumpsuit with black Soul Reaper robes over it, her zanpakuto at her waist.

"Very well." Toshiro sighed. "Squad Ten, capture her."

"YES SIR!!! HIYAAH!!!" The Soul Reapers of Squad Ten charged. Rei rolled her eyes, drawing out her zanpakuto. A flash of blades, and all seventy-nine members of Squad Ten found themselves unarmed, lying face down in the dirt.

The process repeated with each squad, and ended in the exact same result each time. Suddenly, after a silent command from Toshiro, two Soul Reapers attacked. Judging form their robes and their positions near the captains, they were lietenants. Clearly, lietenants didn't do any work until ordered by their captains, meaning they avoided being smashed into the dirt by Rei.

Rei gritted her teeth, dodging their attacks. These guys were good, but still slow. Dodge, feint, whap! They too ended up on the ground, without their zanpakuto.

This process also repeated. Rei defeated every last lieutenant, except for a Soul Reaper around her age, a honey-blonde haired, green-eyed boy, who stayed by Toshiro's side. Then the captains attacked. Rei pitied them a tiny bit, and made it a point not to humiliate them like she did the others. Even though she beat Toshiro, the blond boy didn't budge. Probably orders from his captain.