Chapter 10: New

In Lucas' fake, high pitched voice he says "Alexa, you are wearing too many colors. If you look at me I'm wearing one, two, three, three, and three colors," he counts. He had this thing were he pretended that he only wore three or less colors and criticizes Alexa as a joke.

"I know she's wearing like five colors." I say matching his voice. "Aren't I wearing one, two, three, and...three colors?" I was wearing black, white, and red shirt with blue denim jean shorts. Was I wearing this or did someone change the clothes while I was out?

"Yes you are." His voice fades back to normal. "That hurt so bad."

"I'm surprised you can still do that, what's it been three years?"

"I think so."

"Looks like you're still short." I say smiling.

In eighth grade he only came up to to chin. Now, three years later, he still only comes up to my chin.

"Think I care?" He asks laughing.

"I guess not." I turn from Lucas to see a very surprised group of friends.

"What just happened?" Sawyer asked very surprised and confused.

"I was reconnecting with an old friend." I say, laughing.

"Well you guys are weird..." He shakes him head.

"Weird is an understatement." I've been called insane before. I was in sixth grade though so I could've changed.

"Whatever you say..." Sawyer says.

"Sawyer...listen to her. She's weirder then weird." Tess says.

"Yes! Yes I am!" I scream out. See why people think I'm weird?

"Are you and Elizabeth still friends?" A voice asks from behind, Lucas.

"Um no she's with the other side."

Me and Elizabeth were really good friends until we had a fallout in tenth grade. We always argued. Everyone could see out friendship was falling apart. Last I heard from her was a couple months before the zombie attack started. Turns out she was with Dominick all along. She was really pretty, probably still is. She had dirty blonde hair and tan skin. She had hazel eyes and was a little taller then me.

"Oh I didn't know."

"It's fine..." But it wasn't. I hated thinking my friends were with the other side. "I probably should've asked earlier... But how did you get here?"

"This was the day you were...injured" Carter starts. "We were out looking for food when we stumbled across him."

"Guys I had a dream where Jasmine, Carter, and Audrey found Lucas while they were out looking for food!" All heads turn to me and the room falls silent. No one dares to speak.

Jasmine, who was standing beside me, whisper to herself. "Lucas's appearance was in a dream. Emerald's death was in a dream."

"What did you just say?" Tess asks, almost scared. It was clear she heard Jasmine.

"I said that Lucas's appearance was in one of Avery's dreams. So was Emerald's death. If Lucas showed up that means Emerald is even more likely to die."

People were looking back and forth between me, Emerald, and Jasmine.

"Avery you need to tell us about any dreams you have. It could be a matter of life and death." Emerald says. People nod their head in agreement. What if that dream I had where Alexa killed Levi was a vision from the past? What if Alexa is the reason Levi is dead?

Can I tell them the dream about Dominick and Alexa? Her and Dominick both said they would have to kill anyone who found out. I can tell that I need to be alive to help them. If I tell them we'll all die and nobody will stop Dominick.

"Okay I will." I decide. From now on I will tell them about my dreams unless it puts them in danger.

"Wait, where's Alexa?" Audrey asks. "I would've thought she'd want to stay here now that you've woke up..."

"She was just here..." Sawyer says, confused again.

"Maybe he had to do something?" I suggest. Yeah, like talk to Dominick.

"I don't know she was here a minute ago," Tess says.

"Isn't this the same thing I was wearing when I was injured?" I ask looking down at my clothes. I was almost positive it wasn't, but I need to go and see if I could find Alexa.

"Probably..." Emerald says, looking away. If I was changed I hope it was her.

"I'll be back then." I walk over to my pallet. I grab a shirt and a pair of shorts. I really don't care what I looked like.

I walk to the closet bathroom, which was on the left side. I didn't see Levi's body, it must've been removed.

When I get to the bathroom I first notice my reflection. My hair is everywhere. I try to comb it with my hand, it works a little, but I decide to leave it.

I went into a stall and put on the tan shorts with little effort. It wasn't until I was ready to take my shirt off I realized I had a problem.

I wait and think for a second. Do I dare walk back and ask someone to come help me? I was out of the stall and halfway to the door when it opened.

"Avery! I'm glad you're here. I didn't want to have to look in every bathroom." Emerald says. "Do you need any help?"

"Yes please, can you help with my shirt?"

"Of course!" She seemed very excited to help.

She helped me take off my shirt and put on a new, plain white t-shirt. If it was anyone else I would've thought they were judging the way I looked, but not Emerald. She's not that kind of person.

"Thank you, I really couldn't have done that without you." I say, gratefully.

"What are friends for?" She asks, rhetorically.

We walk back to the room in silence. My thoughts were preoccupied anyway. I was suppose to look for Alexa.

"Let me walk in first," Emerald says when we got to the door. She didn't wait for my response, she just walked in.

I watched the door close as I listened to the voices, trying to pick out conversations. With no luck, the door closed.

I waited what was only a few minutes before I started getting antsy.  I couldn't  stand it anymore, I walk in.

AN: New chapter! I'm really tired and I don't know why. I'm used to being tired because of school but this week (and last) I've been exceptionally tired.

Like/comment if you enjoyed. Bye!