Chapter 3: Seven o'clock

"What do you think of all of us" I say when I get to the girls gesturing to both groups "doing something besides having Alexa, Kyle, and Zach going out to spy."

"Yes I'm so tired of having to go out every night. We go out and barely get any sleep. We should pay truth or dare." Alexa says. 

"Yes we should. We haven't play in forever!" Emerald says.

"Okay" I say "stay here."

I stand on the table towards the middle of the room used only for planning (and obviously table standing) and yell "truth or dare in the empty corner at seven tonight."

The room is quiet for a minute before noise erupts. Out of the sea of voices I hear someone yell "what is it?" Who doesn't know what truth or dare is?

"I'll explain when it's time." Someone else yells.

I also hear "what about spies?"

"No spying tonight. Just meet over there at seven." I hop off and walk towards the girls.

"Now that we have that out of the way what are we going to do for the remainder of the time? It's only" a glance at my watch "two o'clock."

"Me and Audrey were thinking about looking  for some more food for us" Jasmine says.

"And I was going with them in case we find someone who was injured or one of them gets injured. Tess should stay just in case someone here gets injured." Carter says. That's how we found Alexa.

Audrey and Jasmine went out in search for food and they found Alexa sleeping in the forest near here. We were very happy that we found another one of our friends.

"Me and Alexa were going to help the guys build because we don't really have anything to do." Emerald says.

"Okay. Audrey, Jasmine, and Carter go. Alexa and Emerald follow me."

We walk over to the guys and I ask the same question. "What are you guys doing until seven?"

"Me and Levi are going to start building the tree house." Sawyer says.

"Jut make sure it's big enough for all of us. I'll let Kyle, Zach and Alexa help you. Me and Emerald will find something to do."

"See you." Someone says but me and Emerald were already walking away.

"What are we going to do?" Emerald asks.

"We can sit and wait and keep track of the time." I suggest. "Do you know where Tess went?"

"Uh no. I thought she went to the bathroom but I don't know."

"Should we go look for her or should we just sit and talk and hope she shows up?" I ask.

"Don't say it like that. It's like you think she'll be killed. She's probably jut walking around. Besides she's a big girl she can take care of herself." Emerald says as we sit down with her on my right.

"Yeah I guess. So what about the dream I had? What if it is a vision?"

"I hope it's not because I don't want to die but doesn't everyone? But if you saw a zombie attack then you could work everybody and we could train harder then normal." Emerald replies.

"You're acting as if you are going to die."

"Well" she starts "you never know. Any of us could die. I could die tomorrow. You could die in five minutes. You never know."

"That is true but-" I was cut off when Tess say down on my left so I was in the middle.

"You can continue. You dot have to stop just because I've say down." Tess said.

"Anyway that's true but you made it sound like your death was more likely then any of ours." I say turning to Emerald.

"Wait why are we talking about death?" Tess asks. This is exactly why I didn't want to continue the conversation in front of you I think.

"We were talking about the dream Avery had. I said if it was a vision I would die but if she saw a zombie attack we could train for it. She said it sounded like I think my death is more likely then hers." Emerald replies.

"Okay. That kinda makes sense but shouldn't we be talking about something more fun especially since we're playing truth or dare tonight." Tess says.

"Avery we need you!" I hear Alexa yell.

"I'll be back after I help them. Make nice." I tell Tess and Emerald.

"So what was it that you need?" I ask Alexa when I am standing next to her.

"I was just really bored. I'm the only girl and it got weird. I don't really understand the guy stuff they were talking about."

"What are you saying exactly?"

"I want you to stay with me."

"I'll stay with you for a few minutes then I should get back to Tess and Emerald."

"I've been thinking about tonight and I have all these questions. Are we going to be in groups or is it going to be individual? Who's gonna start? What are we-"

"Alexa calm down. You start talking fast when you get excited. To answer your questions it's gonna be individual and we can decide who starts when it's time. I should probably be getting back to Tess and Emerald."

"Bye" she says sadly.

"Bye."

During the short walk I think about the dream. I can't help it. I try not to but it keeps coming back into my mind. No matter how hard I try I can't forget it. I decide to try to scare Tess and Emerald so I press against the wall and walk very slowly and quietly.

"Emerald come on she could be seeing the future." Tess says.

"There's always been a possibility for our death. If Avery's dream is just that- a dream- then I'll be alive- for now. But of it's a vision I'll be killed but she could help us predict zombie attacks. We could start training."

"What are we going to do if her dream does come true?"

"You'll just have to carry on." Emerald says.

I feel bad now. I know she doesn't want to die.

"I've got to get back to Tess and Emerald." I say loud enough for them to hear me but not for Alexa and the guys to.

They stop talking.

AN: So many people are talking about the dream. What do you this of this chapter?

You should check out my friend ScorpionQueen456 She's writing a story that you may like.