Chapter 5: Truth or Dare part 2

Once they sit down Jasmine asks "Truth or dare?" to Emerald

"Truth..?" She answers.

"Who- in this room- do you like?"

At this her eyes widen. "Levi." She mutters.

I start laughing. "What's so funny?" She asks.

"Remember when me and Levi dated? There was a rumor going around that he was cheating on me with you. I just thought it was funny."

"Was there?" Levi asks.

"Yeah there was. I think I asked both of you about it...."

"Anyway who do I want to ask..?" Emerald starts her eyes scanning the group. "Levi...?" She says it like she's unsure. Like a question.

"Truth..." He draws out.

"Do you still have feelings for Avery?" Oh shit what are you doing Emerald?

"A little... But not a lot!" What? "Uh Zach."

"Dare!"

" I dare you to let Jasmine give you a makeover."

Oh shit. Zach is in for it.

He looks over at Jasmine who smiles deviously before grabbing Zach's hand and saying "come with me."

They walk to her pallet where she pulls something out and turns Zach away from us.

We all start laughing. "That was awesome" Tess starts. "Not as awesome as mine but still awesome.

"He's going to kill you. Literally kill you." Carter says.

After about two minutes if us laughing Zach and Jasmine come back over. We look at his face and laugh even harder. It's like someone took his face, tried to make it better, and failed. Miserably but that's probably what she was going for.

"I think I'll pick... Carter. Truth or dare?"

"Truth." She says looking really bored.

"Do you like anyone in this room?"

"Yes."

"Really? Who?"

"None of your business. Kyle truth or dare?"

"Dare!" He says with a smirk. He's so fucking cocky.

"Hm. Let me think."

"Bring it on. I can take anything you throw at me." He's too cocky.

"Don't get cocky Kyle. I dare you to sing and dance to twinkle twinkle little star."

"I can't dance."

"Then just twirl around."

"Fine twinkle..."

I tune it out. I can't watch this. I think of the dream. I can't help it. Will there be a time when Lucas comes back? Will there be a time when all of our friends come back? Come on Avery. Pay attention.

"How I wonder what you are. Happy? I fucking hope so." Kyle says. You could tell he was angry. "Sawyer. Truth or dare?"

"Dare."

"I dare you to ballroom dance with someone."

"Jaz we're about the same height. Wanna help?"

"Yeah I guess" Jasmine says.

I really can't watch this. "Alexa can you tell me what this is over."

"Okay."

I lay on my back and watch the ceiling. The plain white gum covered ceiling. How do people get gum up there? Did we have gum spitting contests at school that I was unaware of? Probably.

I close my eyes and think about both visions. Either Emerald dies and we get Lucas. Or Emerald lives but we don't get Lucas.

"Woo! You go guys!" Someone- probably Audrey- yells.

"I'm done!" Sawyer cries.

"You can look now." Alexa says.

"Thanks for that." I say.

"Yo Lexa truth or dare?"

"Dare!" She says excitedly but not cockily.

"I dare you to run around this room like a monkey."

"Okay. That's not hard. Like at all." She stands up.

"Lexa don't make a fool out of yourself." I whisper.

"Kay." She whispers back.

I know that I couldn't watch her make a fool of herself so I pull my knees to my chest and put my head down. I know I should be staying up but I can't help it. I'm almost asleep when I hear "Avery truth or dare?"

"Truth."

"Would you rather go to a school that sucks with all of your friends or a awesome school full of your enemies?"

"Well if the enemies were people I'd do to the awesome school. I love you guys but education is important to me and I could still talk to you. Has everyone gone?" They nod. "Jasmine?"

"Truth."

"If you could bring one of our friends back who would it be?"

"Dominick..." She says barely above a whisper.

"Jaz I know you do but he's gone and he's not coming back." I say sadly. I know she's sad and misses him- we all do- but he left.

A few months ago Dominick started acting weird. He's a weird kid so we didn't think anything was wrong. We just forgot until one day. He decided he didn't want to be good.

He left us and started making something that turned people into zombies. That's when the apocalypse started. The bells blared. Everyone ran. Me and my friends ran home to get things then came back here. Along the way we lost a few. Alexa, Lucas, and Cody were the three most memorable. Somehow Alexa found her way here.

We don't know if Cody, Lucas, or any of the other died or if they somehow survived.

"I know I just have you my answer." Jasmine says.

I look at my watch. Ten o'clock. I want to go to bed but I don't want to say it.

"Guys what time is it?" Sawyer asks.

"Ten." I say looking up.

"Should we call it a day and go to sleep?"

"Nah let's play for a little longer" Tess says. Damn it Tess. "Jaz it's your turn."

"Okay. Levi?"

"Dare." He says nervously.

"Take these and cut off a piece of your hair" she holds out a pair scissors. Where did she get those?

"Where did you get their?" Someone else asks before I got a chance. She ignores it.

"How hard do you think this is?" He grabs a little piece and cuts it off. "Ha I did it. Tess truth or dare?"

"Truth"

"If you had to pick between Sawyer and Kyle which would you date?"

"Neither."

"You have to pick one."

"Fine Kyle. I dated him once I can do it again but if I didn't I would pick neither just to make that clear. Carter?"

"Dare." Carter answers.

"Hold hands with Sawyer for the rest of the game."

"Okay that's not that hard." She says even though we all know she doesn't want to.

She gets up and sits next to Sawyer and grabs his hand.

"Help me!" She mouths to me.

"I'll try." I mouth back.

AN: Hi. I hope you enjoyed. If you did please vote or comment. It'll really make my day.