Chapter 7: Training

I jump down from the table and walk away from the group.

"Hey Avery. Are you okay?" Alexa asks.

"Why wouldn't I?" I ask.

"Well the guy you loved" did I love him? "Just died and you don't even seem a little upset."

"I just feel responsible. I was with him his last few hours of life I guess. I could've saved him but I didn't. Me and him were outside and then I left him. We had the game so you, Kyle, and Zach weren't out watching. If you were out maybe he wouldn't be dead."

"It's not your fault. If you would've....ah!" She screams.

"What?"

"You didn't see his death in a dream and plan it because of that did you?"

"No! Of course not!"

"Okay. It's just with the visions you could see things and plan because of them."

"I didn't see Levi's death. I swear". I say purposely leaving out my dream about Lucas.

"Audrey, Jasmine, Carter! I need you three!" I call.

"Yeah?" They ask when they get to me. Carter arriving first, then Audrey, and finally Jasmine.

"Follow me." I lead them away from everyone else, into a corner of the room, and say "We are going to be training today. I want you three to go see if you can find anymore good. Well Audrey and Jasmine can. Carter you'll be going in case anything happens." They all said some sort of agreement before grabbing what they needed and walking out the door.

I walk over to the rest of the group and ask "Who's a good fighter?"

"Me!" Kyle and Tess both say in unison.

Tess has her hand raised at head level and Kyle had his head down staring at the floor. Kyle glances up at Tess.

"Okay. You two are the leaders of this. Tess you take Alexa and Emerald. Kyle you take Sawyer and Zach. I'll be in your group if you don't mind."

"I don't." He says.

"Follow me outside." I turn and walk out the door hearing their footsteps behind me.

We walk past the really horrible looking tree house and into a field.

I turn to face them. "We're going to run two laps around the field then fight but we are not going to seriously hurt anyone." I look around not trying to keep my eyes on anyone in particular.

"Why do we have to run?" Tess asks wining slightly.

"If there was a real fight you never know what could happen. It does you no good to train full of breath when you could've just ran a mile." I explain.

"I hate this." She mutters. I ignore her.

"Why do we need teams?" Sawyer asks.

"We'll do something with them later. I'll pair you up for the fights after we run. The faster you get this done the faster this whole thing will go." I yell the last part and take off running.

I look back and most people have started running. Tess, Sawyer, and Emerald pass me as I turn around.

"Hey Avery." Someone says from behind.

Kyle runs up next time and smiles.

"What do you want?" I ask jokingly.

"I don't know. I just wanted to talk to you."

"How's the tree house going."I ask panting a little.

We both pick up our pace. "Didn't you see it when you came out here?" He didn't seem to be tired or out of breath at all.

"Not really" I lie breathing really hard.

"We should have it finished soon depending on how hard we work and who is helping us."

"I think..." A breath "I can help Audrey, Jasmine, and Carter..." Another breath. "train like this tomorrow..." A third breath "and the rest of you can work on the tree house." I look at his and he nods in agreement but he was looking at the ground.

"Looks like we made the first lap." Kyle says finally looking up.

Oh thank god. "Who's fighting who?" Kyle ask.

"You'll find out when it's time." I say smiling to myself knowing he really wants to know.

"Please?"

"Nope. You'll find out with all the others."

"Fine." Kyle says faking a hurt look.

"Aww poor Kyle doesn't get to known."

"Yeah I know but look we're done."

I look up to see Tess, Sawyer, and Emerald. You could see the sweat dripping off their faces and I know I'm the same way.

Alexa and Zach arrived right after us.

"Give me a second." I say panting. I could barely breath. This always happens when I run. It gets really hard to breath. Or at least it used to. I haven't ran in a while.

"Are you okay?" Emerald asks really concerned.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just give me a second." I breath again before turning to the group and saying "first off, I think we did good with running. Hopefully not being able to run won't be the death of us- although with me it might." I joke about what happened a few seconds ago. Nobody laughs. They all just stare at me like I was crazy for making a joke about this.

"I can't believe she just said that." Tess whispers to Alexa.

"Second, we need to get into our fighting pairs. Just stand in a line in front of me and I'll pair you up." Everyone gets up and stands in a line.

"When I call your name go and stand with your partner. Kyle with Zach, Tess with Alexa, and Emerald it's you and me. Sawyer you're lucky. You get a break."

"Yes!" He exclaims out of happiness, throwing his fist in the air.

"I picked based on height and size. So the reason he is out" I point at Sawyer. "Is because we have an odd number and nobody is close to his height and size."

"Is there a winner?" Kyle yells out.

"Oh yeah. If you lose a fight you're out. The last person standing is the winner." I say.

"Well what do we get?" Tess asks.

"We'll figure that out when we get there."

"How do you beat your opponent?" Alexa asks.

"You pin their upper body down for ten seconds. When you finish go sit with your partner. Start fighting."

We all spread out.

Me and Emerald are the farthest away from everyone else.

"Hope you're ready to lose!" She taunts.

"In your dreams. I'm a lot stronger then you."

"Prove it."

"I will."

AN: How do you think the fights will end? ScorpionQueen456  you don't get to answer (she read this part before it was posted because we're friends in real life).

If you liked this chapter vote or comment. I'd really appreciate it.