Chapter 9: Sprained Wrist

Avery's pov

"Alexa, do you know the plan?" A guy's voice asks.  I open my eyes to the sky. I was lying in the ground right outside the door to our base.

I sit up and see Alexa and...no it can't be. Is that... Dominick? Why would Alexa be talking to Dominick? He's evil.

"Alexa watch out!" I try to yell but nothing comes out.

"Yes I must kill him so he doesn't tell anyone else about my betrayal." Alexa replies without a little remorse in her voice. Wait kill?!? Alexa is going to kill him? Wait who's him? Wait! This must be  a dream. I have nothing to worry about. It's only in dreams that I can't talk.

"I must go. I will be back within ten minutes."

"Goodbye Dominick." Alexa whispers as the guy walks away. So she was talking to Dominick. He hasn't changed much since I last saw him, same brown eyes and hair. The only difference was he was a little taller and stronger.

"Come on Alexa you can do this." Alexa whispers to herself.

Now that Dominick is gone I get a chance to look at the area. I see a bench that me and Levi were talking at before he died.

Alexa quickly runs out of the way and I follow. She peeks her head around the corner.

I do the same and watch Levi walk out the door follow by myself. Or dream me.

"Is something wrong?" Dream me asks.

"No nothing just couldn't sleep." Levi says.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I'm fine."

"Okay I'm just gonna go back."

"Okay. I'll be out here."

Dream me turns and walks inside.

"Hey Levi!" Alexa says cheerfully.

"Hi" he sighs and turns towards Alexa and I. "Why are you out so late?"

"Nothing major. I just need you to know that you are right. But my betrayal will be kept a second. Okay?"

"Yes. I promise." He backs into the bench.

"Of course you do. You won't be able to tell anyone anyway." She says pulling a bat out from behind her back.

I turn away so I wouldn't see what I knew was coming.

"I'm so sorry, Levi." Alexa says, barely above a whisper. I hear the sound of someone being beat with a bat.

When the sound stops I turn back to see Alexa kneeling beside Levi whispering apologizes.

"Alexa, don't be a fool! He would tell everyone then you would be killed!" I whip my head back towards the sound of the voice. Dominick was walking out the shadows.

"I know I just can't believe I did it." Alexa says without looking up.

Alexa...come here." Dominick says, opening his arms.

She's gets up and runs to him. She cries into his shoulder as he tries calm her.

Why would Alexa be working with Dominick? Why would she kill Levi? What is this was a vision of the past. What is this is how Levi was killed. I need to be on the look out for Alexa acting strangely.