Chapter 5-Where Was I Again?

"What the hell are you doing?"

I was currently using the hose to wash the mud off of both of us, Rocky and I, as my mom wouldn't let us in when we're covered in mud and so the obvious thing to do was to use the hose and get cleaned in our front garden. It's not wierd at all. I was crouching next to Rocky scrubbing the mud off his golden fur with my hands, I slowly looked up and locked eyes with hers.

"What does it look like I'm doing? We're getting cleaned up" I said casually.

"Like that's something so normal to do in your front garden" she said throwing her hands in the air.

"Do I even wanna know what happened? " she asked folding her arms with an arched eyebrow.

"I don't think so"

"What are you doing here anyways?" I asked as I moved my gaze back to Rocky.

"Your parents invited me over for dinner" she said with a shrug.

"That's great; the whole crew is here as well" I said grinning.

"That's gonna be interesting" she said chuckling lightly.

Whenever the crew was here, something interesting is bound to happen and it always turns out fun and crazy. I just love them and their craziness so much. I turned off the water, carried Rocky in my arms and then all three of us headed towards the front door. Vicky rung the doorbell and we waited for someone to come open the door. We usually just knock on the door, we were never fans of doorbells, they're just simply annoying, but whenever the crew is here it's usually impossible for them to hear our knocking and so we decided that we'd only ring the doorbell whenever the crew's here.

Moments later, the door flung open and my mom came into view, she eyed me and Rocky up and down before her gaze fell on Vicky. A bright smile imidiatelly spread across her face and then she pulled her into a bear hug. Vicky was never good in showing affection or telling people about her feelings and so I knew she never was comfortable with hugs, but my parents, the crew and even me ignored that and instead hugged her. She needs to know that showing affection isn't weakness. We needed to break that shell of hers, at first she was absolutely uncomfortable with that, but now she got used to us and would just roll her eyes playfully but hug us back nonetheless.

Vicky then walked into the house, although when I was about to do the same, I was stopped by my mom. I frowned at her, but she just ignored that and yelled...

"Dallas!"

"Yeah?"

"Get me a towel, will you?"

"Me and Hunter are cooking, can't someone else do it?"

"Caleb!"

"Ugh!"

I bit my bottom lip sniffling a laugh as Caleb came walking out of the living room, grumbling something under his breath as he did so. He glared at mom which she returned with a grin, he stomped up the staircase and moments later he came dragging himself down with a towel in his hand. He walked over to us and then threw the towel over my head, I snatched it off my head and glared at him. But he didn't notice as he was busy cooeing the fur ball I was holding in my arms aka Rocky.

"Now go upstairs and take a proper shower" mom said pointing towards the staircase.

"Couldn't we have done that earlier?" I asked in disbelief.

"Nah, it was fun watching you clean up in the garden" she said waving her hand dismissively.

"You were watching us?!"