Chapter 2: Who Is That?

Beginne am Anfang

"You will."

The line went dead and I hung up the phone.

* * *

On Monday morning, I was a bit more excited now that I had something to do. The amount of paper work I did for my dad for the rest of the week was enough to last me a lifetime. To be honest, I really wouldn't care if I never had to sign another piece of paper in my life.

Then I had to sit in client meetings to take notes. That wasn't as bad because I was actually learning something. I've seen more of my dad in the past week than I have in the past three months. He's been quite easy to work with and that's surprising. Maybe he's more of a boss than he is a father.

Sometime during the week, I had put a mini fridge behind my desk filled with energy drinks. When my mom found out, of course I got a lecture. She forgets I'm almost twenty-one. Part of me will always be a Momma's Boy, but still. If I was to drink three Red Bull's in a row, I will. Though I highly don't recommend it. I've done it before and didn't notice I broke my foot from doing drunken jumping jacks.

I was going to need all the energy I could get.

My parents were already waiting for me on the fifth floor in the meeting room. They weren't talking, of course. She was sitting at one end of the table, looking through a pile of papers and he was standing in front of the windows on his phone.

"Is there anyone here yet?"

"No," I returned and sat next to her. "They'll probably start showing up any minute though."

After a week, my sleeping schedule hasn't been as bad. There have been nights where I did stay out too late knowing I had work in the morning, but it wasn't near as bad as that first day. I'm not used to getting up at six every morning and I don't think I ever will be. Everyone loves their sleep and it seems I can never get enough of it.

Minutes later, Justin opened the door and peeked his head in. "They're starting to arrive."

"You can bring them in," My dad instructed.

Justin bobbed his head once and disappeared.

The door opened again and I was surprised to see Violet being the one to come through first. Following Violet were two more people, two of the first guys I talked to last week. It's bad I couldn't remember their names.

Dad went to Violet and shook her hand first. "Welcome. I'm David Roedan and I'm happy to have you guys interning for me."

"Violet Bowen. And I'm glad to be interning."

She was wearing black skinny jeans, a white button down blouse, and a black blazer. I'm glad I know that much about clothing. It's probably all the shopping trips I had to go with Meredith on. Three years ago all I knew were jeans and t-shirts.

I've noticed she had a nervous habit of tucking her hair behind her ear and pushing her glasses up. She didn't do that until she met my mom. It's surprising anyone would be nervous meeting my mom. My dad is whom everyone is scared of.

Violet sat across from me and sat her folder down in front of her. She acknowledged me with a slight nod and looked down at the papers.

More people started filing in and by a quarter past eight, everyone was in the room. I left the speaking to my parents because I was learning myself. I'm the only one going to be in charge of these interns for three months, so I really need to learn something. I mean, I know about the company, I know how advertising works. My dad has been dragging me to work with him for years. I've been behind the scenes and know how it's done.