CHAPTER 47

CONT. FLASHBACK

"You ready?" Ron murmured as he kissed my neck. I nodded and wiggled away slightly. 

"Yes. Just take the drugs..?"

"Five minutes before five. Remember you have to do it then, the ambulance will be waiting."

"And how will the ambulance know?"

"I made it so all the calls go straight to my line. I have a receptionist that will indicate the ambulance to come." Ron said, nibbling on my ear. We were having a sexual relationship, it's lasted about two weeks. Every time he called, I knew what he wanted. I didn't have a problem with it, though. I pushed away slightly and giggled. 

"Thank you again." I kissed him once and grabbed my bags. 

"Have fun with my son." Ron winked. "I'll see you soon."

Harry was cooking on the stove and I knew that it was now or never. My hands shook as I took out the drugs. I blinked back tears and took them, my breath catching in my throat as I realized that this was it. I slowly slipped on my bikini and tied my hair in a bun. I walked out to the kitchen.

"Harry, I'm going for a swim alright?" Harry looked over at me and smiled-- genuinely. It pained me even more as he nodded.

"I love you." Harry spoke as we kissed briefly. I walked outside and wiped his taste off my lips. I took steps closer, the soft sand below my feet. I felt the drugs slowly kick in, my vision blurring and my mind becoming dizzy. I tried shaking off the feeling but as time passed on it was getting worse. The water hit my feet and my eyes fluttered closed. It felt as if I was already slipping away as I walked into the lake. The water swirled around me and my skin became cold from the temperature. My breaths became irregular and my heart beat quickened. I looked back at the small house, tears blurring my vision. I got deep enough and let out a breath slowly. I slowly went underwater and thrashed around. Minutes of doing so, I heard Harry scream. I cried out and screamed as my body lost power, my vision slowly going black.

I lost control.

I gasped for air as my eyes opened, my chest heaving up and down as I sat upright. I looked around and noticed the room decor-- simple and boring. I had on a nightdress and my hair was tangled and dry. I slowly got up from the bed and groaned as my head felt as if I was hit with a brick several times. I held it as I slowly walked out the room.

"Good afternoon." Ron said as he read a magazine.

"How long.." I started. "How long was I out?"

"Four days."

"What!?! How did.. How did everything happen?" I asked.

"Everything went great. Harry and everyone thinks your dead, good job love you did it." Ron got up and walked over to me. I smiled big and squealed as he picked me up. He pressed me against the wall as he kissed my shoulder. 

"So this means I'm officially dead to them?" I moaned.

"Mhm."

"Now what?"

"Now we get you a new life." Ron said as he carried me back to the bed. 

It's been three years since I last saw Harry. For all he knows I'm dead. I felt horrible and it was eating me up inside. I wished I could go back in time and change things but I can't. I was so alone I could hardly stand it anymore. Ron had used and abused me, at one point I actually thought he loved me. But he wanted to be faithful to his stupid wife and I was the trash he took out. Now I live in California and the sun is seriously making me depressed. I miss New York so much.. I miss Harry even more. 

I got out my old laptop and typed him up online, finding out he was a successful business man. He owns gangs? Huh. I'm not surprised. I chewed on my lip as I read more info on him. I was astounded to find several things out, the internet was kind of being a stalker. I was about to close the internet window when I saw a picture of Harry and a woman. She looked a few years younger than him but her features were beautiful. His long arm was wrapped around her waist and her delicate dress made her curves stand out. 

He looked older and his harsh side looked as if it had been softened. I stared at the picture and I realized I was getting angry. Jealous, even. I know I shouldn't be, but I am. I had to find out more about this 'perfect couple'. 

I stopped myself when a thought popped into my head. 

Why don't I just come see for myself?