CHAPTER 11

CARLI

I sat there and stared at Harry, nothing coming out of my mouth. My tongue was caught, my jaw not moving. How am I supposed to react to that? My fingers played with the chair that I was sitting in, my skin feeling soft against the smooth leather. 

"Carli, I know how you must feel and--"

"Do you? Really?" I interrupted Harry. "Have I kept a secret from you? A very important secret?"

"No.. You haven't." Harry slowly said. I took a deep breath and let it out. 

"I just don't know what to say. I mean I understand why you didn't tell me, but that doesn't mean it's okay. I wish you would have told me." I finally said. 

"I should have, but you need to realize that after she left, that was when my life was a living hell. My coping mechanism was to blacken those times, I forgot most of the details. You're right, I should have told you. But I'm happy to answer any of your questions you have."

"I don't have any at the moment, I just came to stop by since Karl called me in."

"Why did he call you in?" Harry asked, confused. I sighed, knowing he probably forgot. I took my purse off of the floor and sat it on my lap. Grabbing the little invite, I slid it to him, smiling.

"The ball that's tomorrow night. Supposedly all the gang owners go to this? Karl told me that it's a big deal, so I think it's a good idea that you make an appearance." Harry looked at the invite, raising his eyebrows. "And I thought it would be even better if your cute pregnant girlfriend was on your arm. What do you say?"

Harry smiled at me and got up. "That would be amazing. Would you be willing to dress up, when you feel like this?"

"Of course." I smiled back and slowly got up, watching him as he walked over to me. Our lips pressed together, his hands placed on my bump, his thumb softly rubbing. 

"Well, I guess then we must go dress shopping today?" Harry asked, sitting down on the edge of his desk. His long legs were stretched out, overlapping one another. 

"If we can find one." I giggled and smiled, sitting back down in my chair. 

"We will. Hey mum, where you going?" Harry asked as we looked at Anne who was making her way out of Harry's office.

Anne smiled at us, her eyes shining bright. "I think you guys need some alone time. You seem so happy."

Well, not exactly. But we were trying, that's what matters.

"Thanks for stopping by. Come by another time and tell me more about the reunion?" Harry asked Anne, his tone surprisingly really nice. 

Anne noticed to, her smile growing. "Of course! Bye you too."

"Reunion?" I asked confused, waiting till Anne was gone completely. 

"Yeah, the Styles' is having a family reunion the week of our little boys arrival. I don't know if you'll feel up to it." Harry said, not moving from his desk. I pressed my hands softly to my bump. 

"I think that would be okay. But we may need to leave a little earlier, just in case. I'd like to give birth here. It's our home and everything is here so it'll--"

"Princess, you don't have to explain to me. I totally get it, I understand. I'll just warn you know, they'll love you so much it feels like they suffocate you."

"I'm sure that won't happen." I giggled.

"Okay, I warned you." Harry chuckled, getting up and grabbing is wallet. "Let's go shopping and then stop by the food court for dinner?"

"Sounds like a plan." I heaved myself up, my breath coming out short since it took me all of my strength. My bump was getting so big it was hard to do really anything, especially move. Eating was okay, which I did a lot of. Harry took my hand and led me out of his office.

"Are you sure you feel up to going to the ball? And the reunion? I really don't want to press you into something you don't want to do." Harry babbled on.

"Harry, stop talking. I told you I was feeling up to it." I smiled, knowing well that I shouldn't be doing it. Even though I knew that, I also knew I needed something different than my boring routine. I know it was a long shot, but I just wanted everything to be the same so when my baby is born I don't have anything to worry about. 

-

The shopping trip for my dress was long and tiring. After hours of searching, Harry's attention was caught to a really pretty dress, that fitted my swelled boobs well. It looked a little weird around my bump, but Harry kept telling me that it was perfect. Taking my word, I let Harry pay for it-- which the dress wasn't cheap. 

After we ate at a cute little place, Harry carried my things to his car. "Your baby shower is tomorrow. I need your opinion for something."

"Okay." I said as we drove home. 

"Do you want to invite Zayn?" Harry carefully asked me.

I thought about the question and sighed. "Not really, I don't really want him around me right now."

"Fair enough."