CHAPTER 6

CARLI

I watched as my little baby boy appeared on the screen, his forming face showing back at me. I smiled big and rested my hands on the side of the bump, feeling him kick. Harry leaned forward, his eyes shining bright as he watched the screen. Even though I was confused, mad and hurt at him.. It was nice to see him so excited about the baby. The nurse smiled at the both of us, secretly checking Niall out as she did her job.

"That's the little peanut?!?" Niall said excited, his lips turned up in a big grin. I looked over at him as he chuckled when the baby turned his head slightly away. "That little stinker. Uncle Niall wants to see you!"

I giggled and glanced at Harry, frowning as I watched him glare at Niall. His hands were balled into fists, his jaw clenched. 

The appointment lasted an hour, the nurse finally shutting off the machine and wiping my bump off. "Your doctor wants to get things final for the birth. Could you wait for a couple of minutes while I go get him?" She asked me sweetly. I sat up and fixed my shirt.

"Sure." I smiled. She nodded and left, leaving the three of us alone.

"Are you ready to go through labor?" Niall asked, getting up from his seat and stretching. 

"Not really.. but I'm ready to meet this little guy." I said smiling down at my bump. My hair fell into my face, my skin tingling as Harry brushed it back with his fingertips. I slowly looked at Harry, his eyes meeting mine for the first time since we got into the room. His lips softly turned up in a smile, his eyes no longer bright. They were dull with regret, dark with sadness. 

"We need to talk." Harry whispered, his fingertips running down my arm gently.

"About?"

"Us. I know it'll take a long time to show you I've changed, but you need to give me a chance." Harry said. "I did some messed up things, I admit. But our son is almost here and we need to repair our relationship before he comes. I want us to be a happy family once again."

I looked away and crossed my arms over my bump. "Harry, we never were a happy family. You pushed me away so far that you haven't acted lovingly towards me since you got more involved in the gang. Don't flatter yourself."

Harry looked at me. "Really? I tried to make it up to you and you can't forgive me."

"Forgive you? Easier said than done. When someone keeps doing the thing they apologized for, forgiveness is the last thing they want to do." I hissed.

"I'm not perfect."

"Oh, trust me. I know." I shut up as the doctor came in, clipboard in hand. Harry let out an angry breath and ran his fingers through his hair.

"How are you Mrs. Styles?" She asked, sending me a smile. I almost died when I heard what she called, while Harry smirked.

"I-I'm good."

"Great. It looks like your son is a healthy little boy! I wanted to get your opinion and hopefully set your day to birth." She got up and put on her gloves, making me shutter. This is the time where she shoves her hand inside me and feels around. Mind you, it's super uncomfortable. 

I laid there as she felt around, watching as Harry scooted closer, smirking as he watched. He looked at me and winked, his finger rubbing his bottom lip softly. "I'd love to be the doctor." Harry mumbled so only I could hear. I blushed hard and looked away, trying not to get excited.

"Alright. He's at the right position and everything. We can set a date and time, even a room number. Any suggestions or requests?" She asked. "How do you want to birth him?"

"Natural." I answered. "I'd like a quiet private room."

"The rooms are only for-"

"She wants a private room." Harry snapped. "She's going to be in pain and uncomfortable. You will do what she says or I will come after you and your job."

"O-Okay. Well.. Let me check on the rooms." She quickly turned and logged into a computer. I looked over at Harry and he met my gaze, a soft smile on his lips. "Okay. We have a room available in two and a half weeks at 2:30 pm. Is that okay?"

I nodded, Harry looking at her. "No one is allowed in the room except for staff and me."

"Of course, sir."

When we finished, Niall and Harry helped me to the car. "Harry, I'm going to be staying with Niall and Zayn for awhile."

"What? Why?" Harry asked frantic.

"You know why.." I turned to him. "I'll come back before the baby is born.. Just.. Give me some space. You really messed up and you need to be alone for awhile. I'll text you if anything changes okay?"

"Baby.. Please." Harry whispered. "A-Are you going to take our son away from me?"

"Of course not. I'm not that mad, neither am I like that." I softly kissed his cheek and walked over to Niall.

-

"Surprise!!" Zayn and several people screamed, jumping out of hiding places. I screeched and held onto Niall, giggling as I saw the apartment decorated with a cute little Baby shower. My eyes scanned the place, smiling bigger. It was so cute!

"Surprise." Niall said as he hugged me.

"You knew!?" I giggled as I hugged everyone. They were friends, coworkers that I worked with when I was working for Harry's dad, fellow art classmates, Niall and Zayn's mutual friends that I knew. Even Anne and Robin were here.

"You look so cute!" Anne gushed as she squeezed me into a hug.

"Thank you! But these heels are killing my feet." I giggled, thanking Robin as he held me up as I slipped off my shoes. "I'm glad I get to see you two today! I went to the doctors and found out my labor date. You guys are welcome to come."

"Thank you, that means a lot." Anne said, smiling. I nodded and giggled as Zayn led me to the snack table.

"Eat what you like, then we'll play games. After that we can open presents." Zayn explained to me.

"Thank you for doing this Zayn." I smiled and hugged him, getting myself a plate of food. After I ate, all of us sat in chairs that were set in a circle. The first game was baby in an ice cube. You had to suck on the cube and say 'my water broke!' when you had the baby out of the ice cube. Niall broke his first, which he was excited about since he got a prize. The next one was making homemade onesies. I was excited about that one, since all of them were different and I got free clothes. 

"Time for presents!" Zayn called. I watched as four of his friends and himself brought in bags of stuff, setting them down on my feet. 

"What's going on here?" I heard a raspy voice call. I looked to the door and saw Harry standing there, his gaze looking at everyone. Zayn looked at him and froze.

"You weren't inv--"

"Come on in Harry." I interrupted, thinking he should be here for his own son's baby shower. Harry walked to me and sat down beside me.

"Thank you.." Harry whispered. I said nothing as I began to open gifts, smiling as I did so. Clothes, diaper needs, a baby wrap, breast feeding stuff and some calming things for me and the baby. Over all, the baby received tons of stuff. The stuff that I got, Harry and I already bought. But I wanted to keep all of it, it made me feel like they cared. That they didn't forget about me. 

I looked over at Harry who was staring at the presents, deep in thought.

What was he thinking about?