CHAPTER 14

HARRY STYLES

Tonight was the night. Here goes nothing.

CARLI

I looked at myself in the mirror, tugging up my dress around my boobs. I hated how I looked, my body hating me. I was excited to have a baby, but at the moment I wanted to scream and throw a tantrum. I was over being pregnant, I just wanted my son in my arms. 

"Carli?" Harry's stylist-- Jen-- asked, her hands placing on the chair that I was just sitting in. I turned to her and nodded, sending her a smile.

"I'm fine, Jen. Thank you so much for the make up and hair. You can work on Harry now." Jen nodded and walked out of the bathroom. Why Harry needs help wonders me, but I was too busy with trying to fit better into this ridiculous dress. I slipped on my heels, groaning when I realized that at the end of the night I would probably need Harry to carry me. I touched up my lip gloss and slowly walked down the steps, my hand clutching the railing as I wobbled. I blew the hair out of my face as I neared the bottom, smiling as I saw Tania walking towards me. She was in a simple yet breathtaking slim black dress with a slit on the side. Her bright pink shoes popped, her hair pulled to the side.

She stopped and stared at me, her lips turned into a grin. "You look--"

"Absolutely breathtakingly beautiful." Harry finished as he walked in from inside. His fit figure was dressed to perfection-- black slacks that was slightly tight, a black button up that was paired with his cheetah coat. Cheetah coat for a guy? No, but Harry makes it look so sexy. His hair was messy, his lips wet from his tongue. 

"Thank you." I breathed, kissing Harry passionately. He chuckled and licked the inside of my mouth.

"You two are disgusting." I heard Tania giggled. Harry pulled away and winked at me, leading me to his car. The three of us got in, slowly making our way to the huge mansion that the ball was being held in. 

"So what exactly is this ball about?" I asked Harry as he drove.

"It's where all the big and important Gang leaders come to relax and party. People sell, switch or give away things. Last time I went, I got 50% of a gang in Scotland. Which, as Tania knows, Karl manages."

I nodded and listened to him talk, his accent lulling me into comfort. I held his hand as he helped me out of his car, smiling as he helped me fix my dress. Tania ran into the arms of Karl, their lips pressing into a heated kiss. I held onto Harry's arm, walking into the ball slowly. I smiled as I watched people twirl and hold each other close in a fashioned manner on the dance floor, the jazz music playing a slow tune. My heels clicked against the slick floor, the smell of delicious foods wafting into my nose. There was beautiful girls wearing expensive looking gowns, men in suits walking everywhere. The lights were dimmed, making the area look inviting. Harry looked over at me, smiling as he led me to the dance floor. Gripping my hand in his, his other was placed against my back. He pressed me against him, my bump fitting in between us perfectly. I laid my head on his chest, his chin resting against my head. 

We twirled around slowly, our hands never letting go of each other. After awhile, Harry suggested we get a drink so he could scope out the men that came. I nodded and followed him, a little sad that we had to stop dancing. My feet were throbbing, so it's a good idea I took a break. I sat down at a table Harry chose, my chin in my hands as I watched him wander off. I looked down at my bump and heard the tune of a Frank Sinatra song start playing.

Strangers in the night exchanging glances

Wond'ring in the night what were the chances