CHAPTER 7

CARLI

I softly curled the ends of my hair, watching myself in the mirror of my bathroom. The window was open, the wind gushing in and hitting my bare legs softly. I put down my curling iron and just stood there, my hands resting against my thinly covered baby bump. I was wearing one of Harry's shirts that I had packed up before I left. I shouldn't have taken it, since it smells of him. The smell made my heart ache and the tears that I've held in threaten to spill. But at this moment, when I was uncomfortable beyond words, his shirt gave me some kind of peace. It's hard to be in my place right now.

My baby was almost here and my relationship with Harry was almost gone. I should talk to him, maybe even move back in. Just for the baby, though. We as a couple have problems that will take time to figure out, and I was certainly not ready to trust him again. But deep down, where my mother side was brewing, I felt as if I needed to at least be civil with Harry. I needed to make the right moves and not screw it up anymore. As I stood in the bathroom, my eyes scanning over my swelled body, I made a decision. A decision for my son, and a little for myself. 

I picked my phone up and dialed Harry's number, my fingertips playing with the freshly made curls. 

"Princess? Is everything okay? Is our son okay?" Harry answered on the third ring, his voice filled with concern. 

"N-No, Harry I-" I'm fine.

"Oh no-- Baby I'm coming." He said frantically. 

"No, Harry I'm okay. I just.. Uhm.. Can we get together for lunch? We need to sort some stuff out." I asked. Will I regret this? I could hear him breath out, his breath shaky. 

"Of course. Want me to pick you up?"

"That would be a good idea, yeah." I said, coughing slightly. Why was I being so awkward?

"Okay. I'll pick you up at 11:30?" Harry offered.

"Sounds great." I weakly smiled even though he couldn't see me. I could hear the smile in his voice as he talked to me.

"I'll see you then."

"Bye Harry." I breathed.

"Bye baby girl."

-

I slipped into my outfit and looked at the clock, 11:25. Hearing Zayn's doorbell ring, I smiled and grabbed my purse. I looked at my outfit and nodded in agreement, perfect. I slipped on my shoes and walked to the door of my room. Opening it, I stopped when I heard Zayn answer the door.

"What are you doing here?" Zayn asked, his voice filled with confusion and a slight sprinkle of anger. 

"Carli didn't tell you?" Harry retorted, his voice normal and in no way rude. 

"Tell me what? That you're trying to weasel your way into her life again? After you crumbled everything she ever dreamed?" Zayn hissed. "That you're trying to gain her back when we all know you'll mess everything up again and again?"

"I- Look. I know that I'm not an angel, I'm far from being perfect. I mess up just like you and everyone else. I hurt her and I'm trying to work everything out. I'm not going to just drop her and my son. I'm not like that." Harry said, defending himself.

"Oh really? You'll leave her again. You'll be a dead beat dad just like your father. Always working and-"

"Stop!" Harry shouted, hurt laced through his low voice. 

"I don't believe anything you say. And if Carli comes back to you, I don't think I could talk to her."

I walked out to the living room, watching the two interact. "Why not?" I asked, my voice small. 

Zayn turned and faced me, his eyes blazing with hatred. "You always go back to him and he always ends up ruining everything."

"He does, but I know for a fact your relationship with Perrie sucks. So you have no room to talk. And if I do go back to him, it's because we have a baby to think about now. You don't have to stick your nose in peoples business and say your two sense when it isn't needed. I'm tired of everyone trying to control my life and decisions. If Harry's going to change, I'm going to go from there. You don't have to be so rude." I said, my eyes staring at Zayn. He opened his mouth, but I shook my head and stopped him from saying anything. "Your ridiculous."

"No, You are. You aren't welcome here anymore." Zayn hissed. "I want you out before sundown."

"Come on, mate. You can't do that to her!" Harry shouted. "You and I have issues, there's no reason to take it out on Carli."

"Harry, shut up for once. Get out of my house."

I looked at Zayn and then down at my bump. Harry walked over to me and ushered me outside, not before flipping Zayn off and calling him colorful names. I got inside Harry's car and watched him as he walked to his side, getting in and starting the engine. We drove in silence for a little bit, Harry's breathing making my heart slowly calm down. I watched him as he rolled down the window, taking a cigarette out of his car compartment. My eyes widened as he lit it, taking it to his lips and breathing in a big drag.

"Can you not smoke around me? Baby mama here." I huffed. Harry chuckled and kept smoking, blowing the smoke out of the window.

"You'll be okay." Harry smirked as he drove. I rolled my eyes and looked out the window. "You okay?"

"Not really.. Everything is just falling apart." I whispered. 

"I know, and it's my fault. Just let me build it all up, okay?"

"How am I supposed to trust you? At the moment I can't."

"I understand.." I heard Harry barely mumble. Even though he said he did, I could tell it was painful for him. 

 We arrived at the restaurant, cars packing the parking lot. We got ourselves a table and ordered our drinks-- iced tea for me and expensive wine for Harry.

"I think you have a drinking problem." I commented, giggling. Harry smiled at me and took the menu in his hands.

"I think you have a cute problem."

"Huh?"

"A cute problem. You're always cute no matter what and it's so dang annoying." Harry joked, sending me a wink. I felt my cheeks flush as I looked down at the menu, my hands playing with the sides of the paper.

"Get whatever you want." Harry said to me, watching me carefully. I smiled and nodded, examining his outfit for the day. A causal white shirt, a flannel over it and black skinnies. His hair was messy and his brown boots were making an appearance on his feet.

"Like what you see, baby girl?" Harry asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

I felt my inner thighs throb, Harry's deep voice doing wonders when he called me baby girl. I just wanted to sit on the table and get pleasured by him. I shook the thought away and swallowed, watching as Harry smirked.

"So.. I.. I need a place to stay.." I softly spoke after we ordered our lunch. 

"Really? You have a home. You have a bed and you have someone to sleep with." Harry instantly said.

Should I trust him?