CHAPTER 33

CARLI

"What can I do to make you love me?" I looked down at my feet. "Maybe we shouldn't even be together.."

HARRY STYLES

"No no no no." I begged. "Carli look at me. Baby."

Carli cried as she looked at me, her eye make up smudging. I quickly got out of the car, walking over to her side. I made her get out, my hands shaking as I brushed the hair out of her face. 

"H-Harry." She cried. I know she yearned for attention. I knew that I was horrible, but whether she likes it or not I'm not letting her leave me. 

"Come with me." I whispered. "Come with me and let go. I'll take you to a vacation and it'll be just us three. I'll shut off my phone, I'll cancel everything."

Carli looked up at me, doubt clouding her beautiful eyes. I gripped her hands and kissed them. "Please.. Just don't leave me. I can't take it. Please."

"You'll change?" She whispered.

"Of course. If it means saving us, yes. I will do whatever it takes."

Carli sighed and whispered. "I'm tired Harry.. I need you to just help me."

"I know, princess. I know." I breathed, pulling her into me and placing a kiss to her forehead. I was relieved beyond words.

CARLI

 He's intoxicating. I wrapped my arms around his waist, breathing in his scent. Harry chuckled and slightly pulled away, pressing his lips to mine. I kissed him back, my fingers lacing through his hair. 

"Don't you ever scare me like that." Harry whispered, clutching on me. I giggled and rolled my eyes. "Let's get something to eat."

"Okay." I replied, grabbing Leo's diaper bag. Harry took out Leo and held my hand as we walked into the Chinese restaurant that Harry had chosen. A waitress walked us to a table, setting down the menus and walking away. I sat down and Harry sat Leo so he was facing me, his little eyes closed as he sleeps. 

"Babe, I need to ask you something." Harry asked after we ordered our drinks and food.

"Yeah?" I said, looking at him.

"There's a ball coming up this weekend and I.." Harry trailed off, looking nervous. How cute is this? He still gets nervous, it's adorable. "I want to ask you if you'll be my date."

"Of course. It would be my pleasure." I smiled, giggling as Harry grinned. 

"That's wonderful. I'll take you shopping for a dress tomorrow." Harry said, cradling my hand in his. "I have a perfect place you can get your dress at. And then we need to get another dress, since we have a charity ball the following Tuesday."

"When are we leaving for our trip?" I asked, wondering if he already forgot. 

"Baby, it's a surprise. I haven't forgot." Harry said, smiling. I didn't smile back, my eyes falling on the menu. I was having a war inside, my heart telling me that Harry was lying. My brain telling me that Harry's saying the truth. 

"I don't want you to work the rest of the week." I said finally. Harry choked on his tea, his eyes falling on me.

"What?" Harry choked out, his eyes watery.

"I want you to take a leave. Say it's because you want to spend time with your son, it doesn't have to be about me. But your son needs the connection that you failed to give him for a week since he's been born." I watched him. "We can go to parks, do anything. Just no working. And if you have to do a meeting or whatever, do it from your home office."

Harry sat back in his chair, pressing his hands together as they sat on the table. He said nothing, just looked at me-- studying me.

"You always complained about having a father--"

"Carli, I don't want to go there." Harry said, cutting me off.

"Let me talk." I snapped. "Your father wasn't there for you, so why are you doing the same thing to Leo? You have a chance to show everyone, especially your dad, that you aren't like him. That you aren't a dead beat over working dad."

"You're right." Harry admitted, looking down.

"Wait, what?" I asked, my eyebrows raised. Is he.. agreeing with me?

"I said you're right. I just.. Before you came into the picture, work was the only thing that I was doing. When I was a kid, I worked. When I was a teenager, I worked. Before you, I worked. After you, I worked but not too much. I need to learn how to push everything back and focus on my new family."

"You need to show me, not just say it." I said, staring at him.

"Okay. I'll tell everyone today."

-

"No." I hissed to myself, the dress cutting off my breathing. It was cute, but way too tight. I wiggled out of the dress, looking at the changing room door as I heard Leo whimper. "Is he okay?" I asked Harry.

"Course he is. He just doesn't like the bright lights." Harry mumbled. I walked out in another dress, this one blowing the options out of my mind. It was beautiful. Dark blue, simple yet extremely elegant. I giggled, watching as Harry played peek-a-boo with Leo. Harry heard my giggle, looking up. His eyes soaked up my dress, his eyes clouding over. 

"Holy sh--"

"Harold!" I squealed, as he picked me up, letting Leo lay in his seat. I held onto him as he twirled me around, making me laugh.

"Come on, get dressed. We have to go."

"Harry?" A deep voice said. "She's back." 

Harry turned, his face draining of color.