1

[Kayla in the Multimedia]
____________________
Kayla's P.O.V
I was walking home from school, tired as hell. I like to freestyle so I had this sick instrumental playing in my earbuds, I was quietly spitting bars as I was walking home. Some of the females says it's not cute for a female like me to freestyle hardcore shit. I can't be like these sad depressed ass females, singing about their nigga 24/7. I finally reached to my house, I looked up from my phone and saw my pops and my ma' arguing like always. I slowly took the earbuds out my ear and stopped walking. They both stop arguing when they seen me. My ma' flashed a smile and hugged me "Hey baby, how was school" She asked with her voice cracking up. "Um, it was aight" I said and smiled a little. "Well I Uh..I cooked dinner for you and your brother. He's at football practice, he should be home in any minute now" She said nervously. I looked at her kind of crazy but I just let it go. I started walking off to go inside but my pops grabbed me by my arm and pulled me to him. "You can't speak?" He asked looking angry. I was trying to pushed his hand off, but his grip was waaay too strong. "H-hey pops" I said quickly. He still had a grip of my arm and I was still trying to push his arm away. "Let her go!" My ma yelled at him. He was looking into my eyes like he was looking into my soul. My eyes started to tear up and I finally yanked away. Her was still staring at me as I ran into the house. I hate Everytime him and my ma argue, he always have to put his anger out on me and my little brother, Damion. I rushed into my room and threw my bag down. I went in front of my mirror and looked at my arm. It was really red and it hurt like hell. "I fucking hate him.." I said to myself. I pushed my braids over my shoulder and sat down on my bed. I already had a long ass day at school and I hate  how I came home to that bullshit. I slowly laid back on my bed and closed my eyes. I'm only a sophomore in high school and I already wanted to live by myself. My ma and pops be getting on my nerves sometimes. Before I knew it, I drifted to sleep.

BLOC BLOC ! I quickly sat up from my bed and looked confused. I heard my brother screaming and I ran out of my room and stood behind Damion. "What was that?" I yelled to him. "Daddy shot mama!" Damion yelled back to me. My head suddenly started to spin and I ran over to the front door, I saw my ma laid out on the ground and my pops staring at her with the gun still pointed at her. "Pops what the fuck!?" I yelled to him and ran over to my ma. She had two bullet holes in her stomach. Tears started to form in my eyes and I started to softly slap my ma's face. "Ma! Wake up ma! Don't leave me!" I yelled to her still softly slapping her face. Her eyes were halfway closed she struggled to talk and I suddenly started to cry. "I l-love y-you and Damion very m-much..." She said quietly. "Ma! Stay awake please!" I yelled to her. I started to clap my hands for her to stay awake. "Focus on my clapping ma! Don't give up.." My pops pulled me away from her and pushed me to the door where Damion was crying and trying to call the police. He went over to Damion and slapped him. I jumped on my pops back and made him fall. I was punching him in his head hard, wanting to cause damage. "Call the police Damo!" I yelled to him. Damion hurried and picked up the phone and called the police. The more I thought of him shooting my ma, made me punch him even harder. I grabbed his hair, turned his head, and started punching his face. He was trying to grab me but it wasn't working. I was hot and wanted to kill him myself. I was going in for the last punch until someone pulled me off of him and lightly pushed me away. I looked to see who it was and it was our next door neighbor, she grabbed my dad. I ran back over to my ma and saw she was still. My ma was gone....I began crying hard and cried into her chest. "Why?! Why my fucking mama?" I yelled. There were a lot of people outside looking at me. Some were shocked, crying, and some were recording. A few minutes later, polices and the paramedics arrived. They pulled me away from my ma and I cried still trying to reach for her. Damion came over to me crying as well. Our next door neighbor son was shocked, I go to school with him and his name was August. Me and Damion sat down on the porch steps. August walked over to us and was biting down on his lip. "I am Uh...I'm sorry about you guys mama. She didn't deserve that, she was a nice lady" He said nervously. His accent was really cute, he was cute too. But I didn't like him like them other girls at the school did. I just looked at him and nodded slowly. "Thanks.." I responded. A white lady came over to us smiling. "Hi" she spoke. Me, Damion, and August looked at her crazy. We were all wondering why she was smiling and shit. "Hi.." All three of us said awkwardly. "Well Miss Kayla and Damion. It's about that time..." When she said that, me and Damion already knew what that meant. We have to get sent to a home and I don't think we'll be able to handle it. Me and Damion got up slowly, into the house and started to pack.....

_________________________

"KAYLA!" I heard someone scream my name, I came from the daze and wiped my tear. "Sorry, come in" I said quietly. I finished putting on my make up and saw my bestfriend, Adrian, walk in my dressing room. "Damn I thought you was dead or something. I been calling your name for like 3 minutes, I started to bust up in this hoe but I wasn't gonna do that" she said with a laugh. I chuckled and fluffed my hair. "Well, you go on in 5 minutes baby" She said and walked out. I sighed and put on my lip gloss as my finishing touch. I stood up and looked at my outfit. Sometimes being a stripper is stressful but I have to do it for the money. I heard it was a big crowd out, so I know my money might be nice. I walked out my dressing room and shut my door. I looked at my stripper name that was in Pink and had glitter that was on my door. It read "Karma". I smiled to myself and headed to the curtain. "Ladies and gentleman. I want y'all to show some love for the baddest stripper in the muhh fuckin club, miss Karma baby!" The Dj shouted into his microphone. I sighed and walked onto the stage. I heard fellas whistling and shouting. The music started and I began my dancing. I don't do all my good tricks when its regular people, I do the best tricks when celebrities enter the building....

After I finished, I went back into my dressing room. I changed into my tank top and sweats. I grabbed my phone and bag then headed out to my car. I hit the locks and sat my bag in the backseat. I got in and sighed. I was tired as hell and just wanted to go home. I started the car and drove off.

When I made it home, I unlocked the front door and threw my bag by the door. I shut the door and saw my boyfriend, Qua, and Damion playing the X-box. I shook my head and laughed at him. "Qua, you're like 24 and Damion, you're 19. Why are y'all playing this game?" I said and sat on the empty couch by the one they were sitting on. "I'm grown! I play whatever I want." Damion said and smiled. "Boy hush! Qua, you damn near 30 and still playing games? Shame.." "Daaamnnnnnn" Damion said and covered his mouth. Qua paused the game and looked at me then smirked. "What? I'm foreal dude"  Damion stood up quickly. "Well, time for me to go!" He ran out of the living room and went into his room. Qua was still looking at me smirking and I was smiling at him."Whaaat? Stop looking at me like that" I whined. He stood up and started walking towards me. I started laughing and started to back up into the couch. "Why you backing up? You can't go nowhere while you're on the couch" he said. I laughed even more and stood up. "Nooo! Im sorry!" I semi-yelled. "What you yelling for boo? I haven't touched you yet" I jumped on him and started kissing all over his face. "Alright alright!! I forgive you" he said as sat me down. "Have you ate?" I asked and walked towards the kitchen. He followed. "Naah, I haven't ate all day" I looked at him crazy and grabbed the 2 boxes of hamburger helper. "Why?" He sat on the counter. "I really wasn't hungry" "well, you're not going to sleep with an empty stomach. Sooo yeah. Hungry or not. You gone eat this" He smiled big. "Yes ma'am" he said trying to sound like a little kid. I laughed at him and began fixing the food.

After we ate and all, me and Qua was laying down on the bed and watched tv. "How was work?" He asked. "It was straight.." I said and kind of frowned when I thought how my ma was killed. He looked at me and grabbed my hand. "What you thinking bout?" I sighed and felt the tears coming. "When I was at work, I was thinking about that day my mama got killed. I miss her so fucking much.." I said quietly. The tears began flowing and Qua pulled me to him and hugged me. "Don't cry baby, I know how you feel. I watched and saw how my dad was killed. That shit killed me man.." He said. I'm glad that I got Qua, he always understand the problems I go through. He knows how bad I want to leave Chicago, I have to get us up out of here. I can't stay here any longer. BLOC BLOC! SKURRRRRR
We heard the gun shots outside and we sighed at the same time. We hear this almost every night, and I'm sick of it. I can't wait till we leave it here.....