25-Arctic Mission Part 2

Start from the beginning

The next day, we split up and head out in search of the final Alpha. I knew my wolves wouldn't be able to track it, so we looked for it ourselves.

Unfortunately for us, a small snowstorm had whipped up. Kid and I stuck close together to avoid getting lost. We could barely see in front of us.

"Luna! We can't keep going! We should turn back until the storm passes!"

I could barely hear his voice over the howling of the wind. "We can't turn back! The sooner we find the Alpha, the sooner we take down the necromancer!"

The storm seemed to disperse in an instant. I knew storms around here were unpredictable, but wow. I smiled at Kid.

"You see? The snowstorm has already died down enough to-"

I let out a shaky gasp, realizing where we were. "What? What is it, Luna?"

My eyes darted around at the ground. "We're on the ice. We shouldn't be on the ice."

We had made it too close to the ocean, where the snow turns to solid ice beneath us. Kid looked at me in confusion and worry.

"W-Why?"

I looked at him in fear. "There are things that dwell below the ice, hunting beneath our feet. The Alpha."

My eyes grew wide upon seeing a large, grey form moving below us. "Run. Kid, Run!"

We ran in the direction we came from. As I ran, I could hear the cracking of ice followed by a large splash. The ice around us broke apart, separating us.

Kid and I both stood on platforms of ice, floating over the water. I could see the large form circling around us. Kid began shooting at it while I formed ice over the water to get to him.

As I began rushing across the ice path I made, I saw the large creature heading straight for me.

"Luna, look out!"

Kid and the twin's voices seemed to echo as I quickly rolled out of the way as the monster emerged, breaking the path I had made. Using my claws to stop myself from sliding off the ice, I stood beside Kid.

"We need to get it above water!"

I formed another ice path, connecting us back to the land. We ran across and made it to solid ground.

We both took a minute to catch our breath before the creature jumped onto the land in front of us. A large seal-like monster stood before us, it's large fangs visible as it roared at us.

I growled as we began attacking it. Kid and I circled around it, shooting and scratching it. It was a lot slower on land, allowing us to easily move around it, dodging its attacks.

I summoned fire around it, but its thick hide seemed to resist the flames. The creature looked at me and lunged straight through the fire.

I caught its jaws as it tried to bite me. It pushed me to the ground, coming closer to try and catch me between its jaws.

That's when I got an idea of how to kill this thing. Kid had gotten a clear shot right into the beast's eye. It roared in pain, reeling back as blood poured out of its eye.

I quickly got up, rushing toward it and grabbing its jaws again. I pried its mouth open and used fire magic to burn it from the inside out.

The monster pulled back, rolling around in pain. It started rushing back toward the water, but collapsed before it could make it. I could see a few smaller seal monsters in the water as I walked over to the edge.

I looked out into the water, seeing the other monsters beginning to swim away in fear. I put my hand on my hips.

"We did it. We killed the last Alpha."