The Cheshire Cat (Loki) Prologue

Small summary: Loki was a young boy when he met the mystical being called 'The Cheshire Cat' or (Name) in the forbidden forest. Many stories told of creatuer that lives in the forest would lure children in and they would never be seen again. Will Loki have a new secret friend? Or will things spiral out of control.

A/N: I have had this idea for a long time and I decided to finally write this down. It is a slight crossover as you can see so I hope you don't mind. Enjoy!

The song I posted is used for this^^ I cut out a few lyrics and changed a few to fit the story.

Also, I plan on making a separte book for this but I am gonna put the prologue here for a preview!

~~~

Loki, Thor, Sif, Fandral, Hogun, and Volstagg walk down the winding road to the forbidden forest of Asgard. They were all at the young age of 12 and they decided to put Loki through 'initiation'; which was to walk through the forbidden for an hour. They all finally reached the edge of the forest and Loki looked nervous. He hated what his brother and his friends put him through but he wanted to just fit in so he knew he needed to go through this forest.

"Are you ready, brother?" Thor asked with a smile. "You know what they say about this forest. There is a mysterious monster that leads children in and keeps them in there forever!" Thor laughed loudly while Loki gulped nervously. His emerald eyes slowly looked up at the tall trees and came back down to see fog role on the forest floor.

"Do I have to go through this?" Loki asked. Even though he did want to impress his brother and friends, the forbidden forest scared him a lot, and there wasn't a lot that did scare him.

"Are you scared, brother?" Thor teased.

"Of course not, Thor."

"Well get in there!" He patted the black haired boy on the back roughly. The small god gulped once again before slowly walking into the dark forest.

"I cannot believe you are making Loki go through with this senseless joke, Thor." Sif rolled her eyes. Thor simply laughed.

"It's not like the monster is real. Come one, let's go back to the castle." The five of them quickly ran away and left Loki alone in the forest.

Loki's eyes dart around and his body was tense as he walked aimlessly. There was hardly any light and he was beginning to shake. Loki looked over his shoulder and his eyes widened; he couldn't see his way back to his friends and to make matters worse, he started hearing noises throughout the dark trees. The prince's eye started to sting with tears and his breath started getting ragged as he continued on into the darkness.

Come little child...

I'll take thee away...

Into a land of enchantment.

Loki visibly jumped at the sound of a female singing out in the distance. He heard something jump from branch to branch above him. He tried to spot whatever it was, but it was too dark for him to see.

Come little child...

The time's come to play...

Here in my garden of shadows...

He stopped dead in his tracks as the singing echoed around him. Loki was frightened beyond belief but this light voice made him feel at ease in this scary place.

Follow sweet child...

I'll show thee the way...

Through all the pain and sorrows.

Loki was hesitant, but he started to follow the voice to wherever it took him. He knew it was idiotic, but the voice sounded harmless, it sounded like it wanted to help him find his way out. He heard many tales of the creature that resides in this forbidden forest, how it would lure children into its dark depths and they would never be seen again. The green-eyed boy felt a warm presence surround him as he was guided through the trees, almost making him calmer.

Rest now, my child...

For soon we'll away...

Into the calm and the quiet.

'Wooo's' filled the area as Loki started running to follow the voice deeper into the woods. Whatever was seemingly helping him through seemed almost magical and enchanting. As minutes passed the 'woo's' came to an end and he slowed down.

Come little child...

I'll take thee away...

Into a land of enchantment.

There he saw it, light shining down into a large clearance. His expression was full of awe as he entered the clearing.

Come little child...

The times come to play...

Here in my garden of shadows...

He saw an animal sitting across from him; a cat with (color of choice) fur and bright, wide (eye color) eyes watched him. He remembered reading about different animals from Midgard and a cat was one of them. Loki then noticed light particles dance around in the clearing causing him to smile. He looked back to the cat and he could swear it was grinning itself. He gulped and slowly approached the (color of choice) feline.

"I do not know if you understand me, but I must leave and return home." He told the feline. It let out a loud meow and jumped off into the darkness. "Wait!" He was about to follow it before it meowed again. A flash of light blind started forming on the tree in front of Loki, causing him to cover his eye. A few seconds passed and he opened his eyes to see a portal on the tree. He heard the feminine voice began to hum again around the portal and took in a deep breath of air; he knew he needed to go through to get back home. Hesitantly, he stepped through the portal and he was instantly transported back to the entrance.

He was slightly disappointed to see his friends where nowhere to be seen but he slowly began making his way back to the palace. Loki glanced over his shoulder back to the forest and his eyes widened. He saw the same big (eye color) eyes the feline had watching him before disappearing. He quickly shook his head and began to run back home.