24-Arctic Mission Part 1

Start from the beginning

Back at my camp area, the others began setting up tents just like mine and the twins'. Using magic, I made a fire before letting the twins, along with the other weapons, take their normal forms.

Kid suddenly wrapped me in a hug. "I'm glad you're alright."

I smiled as he pulled away. "Of course. Why wouldn't I be?"

We all sat around the fire as Maka asked, "So, what's been going on here?"

I began explaining. "As you probably already know, our target is a necromancer who is currently hiding out in an icey fortress. This seemed like a pretty simple mission, but..."

Drew finished my sentence. "We didn't count on him creating so many monsters. He's practically got an army of them."

I cut in again. "I've been sneaking around, watching and planning to get into that fortress and take down the necromancer holed up inside. Unfortunately, every entrance and weak spot is guarded by dozens of monsters."

Kid asked, "Then how are we supposed to go about this?"

I gave a sly grin. "In my observations, I've found that there are five monsters that lead the other ones, like army generals, I like to call them Alphas. They are the only ones who go in and out of the necromancer's fortress."

Maka had a hopeful look on her face. "I think I know what you're getting at."

I grinned at her. "We take them out, and we just might lure out the necromancer."

Blackstar jumped up. "Well then what are we waiting for?! There's a monster for each of us!"

I put my hand up. "Wait, Blackstar. It's not so simple. These five monsters are bigger and stronger, manipulative of the normal ones, and they have a pattern."

Soul looked at me in confusion. "Pattern?"

I nodded. "The Alphas often patrol the areas, but while one or two are patrolling, the others are inside the fortress. We'll split up into teams, slowly taking them down, one by one."

Liz shrugged. "Sounds like a plan."

I stood up and looked around. My wolves should be finished scouting by now. I brought my fingers to my lips and whistled.

After a moment, I saw the familiar red eyes of my wolves approaching. They all stopped in front of me, but the wolves in two of the four groups were gesturing their heads.

I looked back at the others. "Two of the Alphas are out right now. We need to split up and take them down."

Two of the wolf groups disappeared since their task was complete. The weapons took their weapon forms as everyone got ready to leave.

Maka smiled. "Blackstar, Crona, and I will team up and go after one of them."

I nodded as Kid came over to me. "Looks like we're teamed up again, like usual."

I gave him a playful grin. "Aww, and I was hoping to team up with someone else for a change."

He frowned slightly before I laughed. "I'm only kidding, Kid. Let's go."

He smiled as I told the others, "The wolves will show you the way. Be careful, guys."

They all carefully climbed onto a wolf and took off. I jumped on the back of one and watched as Kid climbed on another.

I stifled a laugh as I watched his discomfort. "Unusual to be on one of my wolves, huh?"

He nodded. "Yeah, it's very different from what I'm used to. I usually just fly on Beelzebub."