All You Had to do was Stay - Jack Howard

( P.O.V of Y/N )

It started out like any other relationship, sorta. I'd known Jack for a few years before we started dating. He was charming, funny and cute, which was a problem.

( A Year Ago ) It was 4:30 in the morning, when a phone call woke me from a deep sleep. I sat up quickly as I looked at the caller I.D, it was Jack. " Hey, you know what time it is right? " I asked quietly, I could hear him sigh deeply on the other end " Yeah, sorry. I just really needed to talk to you... Can you come over? ". I knew what this was about, he did this every time he broke up with another one of his girlfriends, or if he was drunk. " Please Y/N, I need you " he whispered quietly, I sighed as I started to stand up ( I swear this guy had me in the palm of his hand ) " Yeah okay, I'll be there in 20 minutes ". And that's all it took, 20 minutes to arrive at his place. He looked like he hadn't slept in a few days, something more was up. Because whenever he dumped a girl, it never had this much affect on him. " Jack, what's wrong? " I questioned as I sat next to him on the sofa, " You've never been this bad before ". He sighed deeply " Shay and I broke up.... ", I nodded my head swiftly since I already knew that. " So, you're upset about that? " I asked, he shook his head violently " No! I'm upset, because I date all this chicks, but I can never find the perfect girl....Because the perfect girl doesn't even realize how much I like her ". I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, " You don't see it do you? " he asked quietly. I shook my head, " I like you, Y/N... I have for over a year now.... I just could never tell if you liked me back " he stated confidently, looking straight in my eyes. I let out a deep sigh as I looked down " I have always liked you Jack, but I'm not sure if I could be in a relationship with you... You play with girls feelings, make them feel special, then drop then days later. I don't want to put myself through something like that ", " I understand that, I'm a fucking Prick..... But,you're different. I can trust you with any secret, you've always been there for me no matter what, Y/n... Please, just give me a chance to show you I've changed... " he sighed as he took my hand. I wanted to believe him so much, so.... I Took a chance.

Months went on, we were happy. He was proving to me that he had changed, it was truly amazing.... But, it didn't Last long.

( First Strike ) " I'll pick you up at 6:30 pm, okay... " Jack stated over the phone, " Okay... You'd better not be late, like the last time we made plans " I stated with a sigh. We had been together for 3 months now, it had been glorious really. He'd taken me on so many dates, he had been showing his changed side. By 5:30 pm, I had was in and out of the shower. By 6:15 pm, I was all ready to go out. Make up done, Hair done, clothes were on, I was feeling great about my appearance. But, 6:30 pm passed. Then before I knew it, 8 pm had passed as well. He hadn't called, or even sent me a text. So, I figured he wasn't coming. I quickly locked the front door and then stomped to my room, throwing off the dress I had on and changing into a large jumper and some pajama shorts. I honestly wanted to cry, but I wouldn't. It wasn't worth it, I wouldn't let this get to me. I was a lot stronger than crying over this. I flipped through the channels on my TV, when my cell phone started to flash. It was a text from none other than Jack. _ Hey;) - Jack _. I rolled my eyes as I sat my phone back down, there was no way I was responding to him, I was just way too angry for that right now. Anger and disappointment.

2:17 am rolled around, with yet another text from Jack. _Babe! Where are you? Why won't you answer me? What did I do, Y/N?- Jack_. I rolled my eyes again and continued to ignore it again, 4:50 am, I continued to sleep and ignore all the texts Jack was sending me. Somehow I knew this was coming. I watched Jack do this to many girls before me. He'd start off treating them like queens, then slowly things would change. He'd get bored, he'd get distant and then he'd toss them aside like they were a bag of rocks. And now I was caught in the crossfire. As soon as 8 am hit, there were many knocks on my flat door. It was Jack, obviously. He had breakfast and a couple hundred apologies, and of Course ( Because he had me in the palm of his hand )... I forgave him.