Chapter 12

Anne wakes up the next morning around 8:00. As she sits up, and rubs her eyes sleepily, she hears the buzzing of the elivator, indicating the task force members have just arrived. 

"How was it Ryuzaki?" She hears Chief Yagami ask. 

"It was an interesting video." Ryuzaki replies. Right, Ryuzaki had watched the tapes Kira sent in last night. Anne can assume that he didn't get any sleep, at all. 

She is about to go into the living room and join them, when she realizes something dearly important. She's wearing Ryuzaki's white long sleeved shirt, which is very baggy on her. And nothing else underneath. Her actual clothes are in the bathroom. She must think of a way to get her clothes from the bathroom, without anyone noticing her. 

And another issue to go along with it. How is she going to explain why she was here before everyone else, coming out of Ryuzaki's bedroom? 

As Anne looks at herself in the mirror, she realizes her hair is a mess. She looks for a comb, but can't find one. Of coarse, because Ryuzaki never brushes his hair anyway. 

What should I do? She wonders. 

Then, she sees Ryuzaki's phone on the bed side table. She picks it up and looks through his contacts. Not many.... Aha! She thinks when she finds who's she's looking for. 

She presses call, and listens to the sound of it ringing. It doesn't ring very long, before Watari picks up. Anne can see everyone through a small crack in the bedroom door. Watari sticks his hand in his pocket, revealing his ringing cellphone. He looks at the caller ID, then looks at Ryuzaki, puzzled, but answers anyway. 

"Yes?" He says. 

"Watari, it's me, Kyoko." She has been instructed to always use her fake name, so she doesn't get into the habbit of revealing her real name on occasion. 

She sees Watari quickly step out of the room and hears his voice once again. 

"Kyoko, where are you, and why are you calling on Ryuzaki's cellphone?" He asks, concerned. 

"I'm in the bedroom, and I can't come out because they're going to wonder why I was in here, and my clothes are in the bathroom, so I can't come out anyways, and I called you because Ryuzaki left his cell phone in here, and I need help." Anne explains, probably a bit too fast for Watari's old ears to hear. 

Luckily, though, he did hear her correctly. 

"I can return your clothes to you, just a minute." He says. 

"Thank you so much, Watari your the best!" She says. 

Then, she hears the task force members talking amongst themselves. 

"One second, I have to go to the washroom." She hears someone say, maybe Aizawa. 

No! If he goes in there, he'll see her clothes on the floor. Hurry Watari! 

She takes a peek through the door to see this disaster unfold for herself. Luckily, Watari comes just in time, as Aizawa is turning the door handle. 

"Excuse me, sir." He says, sliding in past him, shutting the door behind him. 

Aizawa simply stands there, looking a bit confused. He eventually gets tired of waiting, and goes back to the living room. Watari then comes out, holding Anne's clothing items. He reaches his arm through the bedroom door, and tosses them on the bed, careful not to look suspicious. 

"Thank you, Watari." Anne whispers through the door. 

He nods, and walks back into the living room.