Chapter 29

Hey guys! It's been awhile, but I'm back! 

For today's author's note, I'm going to try to be quicker than usual so that I can get to writing this chapter becuz it's way past my bedtime right now. (Even tho it's the weekend, I like to plan everything out, that includes what time I go to sleep) 

I have a quick thing to say before I go on to the question of the week and the dedication. 

Has anyone ever heard of slightlyscene? Yes? Ok, good. I don't have a picture, nor can I upload it for you guys to see, unless you happen to follow me on instagram, but anyways, she made me this wonderful picture that she posted and it almost made me cry. It was a picture of her cosplaying as L, and she was holding up a sign like he holds things that said "To: Nears_my_boytoy... I miss my Kyoko! Please update soon!" And below the writing it had a picture of a sad person and a heart that had "L.K" written inside it. So just a big shoutout to slightlyscene for making that for me. It was so sweet :')

Alright, so this chapter's dedication goes to SaveTheEarth, because I'm always getting notifications when she/he comments on this book. And that always makes me happy, because I love seeing comments and I love that u guys enjoy the book so much! :)

And finally, for the question of the week; What do you want to be when you grow up? 

I'll leave that to u guys, and don't forget to vote and comment :)

Cheerio. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Anne continues to watch the broadcast, ignoring Misa as she talks away about how Light didn't give her a proper kiss goodbye. 

What is Ryuzaki planning? She continued to wonder if it was anything dangerous. 

She had no idea what Higuchi was up to, now that Ryuzaki was gone and his monitors lifeless, all except for the small TV playing the Sakura News broadcast. 

"Well, the moment of truth is only a few minutes away. How do you feel?" The interviewer asks Matsuda. 

"Yes, I feel ready, I can do it anytime." Matsuda replies. "Actually, I want to spit it out right now." 

"I can understand you urge, but now, it's time for another break." 

They have way too many breaks at a time. Anne thinks, bitterly. 

"We've been receiving a lot of calls and faxes from those who support you and your testimony." 

Suddenly. doors are heard opening, and the interviewer speaks again, almost sounding like it was reflex. 

"We are very sorry, but due to technical problems, we are ending this program now."

"Hold it right there, Higuchi!" Mr. Yagami's voice is heard, a gunshot, and the program ends. 

They explain they are switching programs to "The Midnight Pop Chart." 

Anne turns off the program, and resorts to pacing around the room, anxiously, all the while Misa is still talking. 

Anne decided to head to her room and leave Misa there. When she opened the door, she sat down on the bed and stayed there for a few hours more, not having the motivation to move nor sleep until she knew Ryuzaki was safe. 

When she finally heard the front doors of the building open, only then did she get up and move towards the source of the noise. When she did, she saw Ryuzaki and everybody else, unharmed. 

She stood there, looking at Ryuzaki as he stared back at her. Then, he handed a black notebook to her that read the words "Death Note."

"Touch this notebook." Ryuzaki requested.