Chapter 7

When Anne wakes up the next morning, she's still in the same position on the couch, but Ryuzaki is no longer lying beside her. He is seated with his knees up to his chin, on the edge of the couch. His thumb is in his mouth as he stares ahead at the surveillance cameras on the TV. Matsuda has left, and Chief Yagami is also watching the TV. Good thing Ryuzaki is an early riser, or else Chief Yagami would have seem them both sleeping together on the couch.

Anne slowly lifts her head, rubbing her droopy eyes.

"Good morning." Ryuzaki says, still looking at the TV, his voice muffled by his thumb which he has stuffed in his mouth

Anne smiles "Good morning."

The rest of the day is pretty boring, the only breaks they have from staring at the TV are meals, and even so, Ryuzaki just eats his cake in front of the TV.

At least there's Watari to talk to. He's a pretty cool guy, and he has lots of funny stories from when Ryuzaki was little.

This goes on for about a week. Ryuzaki doesn't sleep very much, and neither does Anne, simply because she knows that he isn't getting sleep. Poor Ryuzaki, this must be so stressful for him.

One night, Anne wakes up to Ryuzaki softly stroking her hair and whispering to himself.

"Oh Anne, it must be so hard for you, all I ever do is stare into cameras. Perhaps if I wasn't so caught up in my job, I would have more time for you. But, I love you, and I wish I could show you how much I do."

She says nothing. She pretends to still be asleep, secretly listening to what he has to say. He continues to gently stroke her hair, kissing the top of her head every now and again. After a while, she feels him settle down beside her, still stroking her hair. In a few minutes, she can hear his soft breathing, indicating that he's asleep. She soon falls asleep too, thinking about how she can show Ryuzaki how much she loves him as well.

The next morning, Ryuzaki calls all the task force members up to his hotel room for a meeting.

"I have decided to remove the hidden cameras from Mr. Yagami's home. I have concluded that there is no suspicion in the home." Ryuzaki says.

"Thank goodness." Chief Yagami says.

"However, there is still a 5% chance that your son is Kira." Ryuzaki says stubbornly. "That is why I plan to attend his school with him. Watari, please make me an application, I will start in the morning, to take the entrance exams."

"Yes, sir." Watari responds.

The meeting only lasts for about a half hour, and soon everybody leaves. Except for Anne.

"I'll call a cab." She tells Chief Yagami, who is the last to leave.

"Ok." He says, closing the door behind him.

"Are you really leaving?" Ryuzaki asks her.

"No." Anne replies, smiling. "I finally have you to myself, why would I leave?"

Ryuzaki smiles, pulling her in for a kiss. They stand there for about 2 minutes, but pull away for breath.

"So what do you wish to do today?" He asks, hugging her tight, his head on top of her head.

"Study." Anne replies. "I'm going to those entrance exams with you tomorrow."

"What? No, that's too dangerous." Ryuzaki argues, pulling her by her shoulders to face him.

"I want to come with you." She says, looking at him desperately. "Please?"

"Well, I suppose you can be some use to me." He says. "But, you need a fake name, Kira only needs a name to kill, and I don't want you to be killed."

"Don't worry, I already thought of that." She says, winking. "I'll tell people my name is Kyoko."

"Alright, but do everything I tell you to ok?" He says.

"Of coarse." She says.

"Well then, I guess we'd better get studying, we have a big day tomorrow." Ryuzaki says, sitting next to Anne on the couch.

The next day, Anne and Ryuzaki stand at the entrance of the school.

"This is it." She says, taking a deep breath.

"Don't worry, you'll do great." He says, reassuring her. He grabs her hand, and winds his fingers inbetween hers. She blushes, and looks down at the ground as they walk into the entrance of school for the exams.

Anne is seated directly behind Ryuzaki, and she can see Chief Yagami's son a few seats in front of him. As they are handing out the tests to everyone, Anne hears a teacher yell in her direction.

"Student 162, sit properly in your chair!"

Student 162, is Ryuzaki. Anne can see Light Yagami turn around to look back, right in the direction of where they are sitting.