Chapter 18

"Welcome everyone to Day Two of the All Star Games!"

They were in Central Park again but this time at the soccer field. They had spray painted the grass to create the outline of the playing field and brought in two nets for the goals.

Everyone sat around Michael as he was starting his opening.  Krystal sat with the squad up front while Jason stood by himself at the back with his arms crossed. He had been trying to avoid Krystal because of that argument they had the previous day and because he hasn't cooled down all the way to be honest.

Now, instead of being mad at Krystal, he was more mad at himself because he couldn't figure out why he even cared so much. He watched as a guy he didn't recognize whispered something in Krystal's ear, causing her to giggle. He couldn't help but glare daggers at both of their heads. Was he the only one that was affected by that argument, because she clearly wasn't.

"As you can probably tell by looking behind me, today is the soccer portion of the Games. Each Team will be given jersey's, black for the Black Team and white for the White Team. The game will go on for ninety minutes with a half time break and whoever has the most points after the 90 minutes are up wins. Now I would like both teams to come up and get their jerseys"

There were two men standing beside Michael, one holding black jerseys and the other holding white jerseys.

Everyone who was playing the game went up and got their respective jerseys. Krystal was happy to get a white jersey with a black printed 8 on it. 8 was her favorite number.

After everyone put on their jerseys, a whistle was blown and both teams went to their side of the field.

Michael went to stand in the middle of the field. Reader and Dylan, both being the leaders of each team, went and stood on either side of Michael while facing each other. Everyone else in the teams stood in their positions.

"Forty five minutes on the clock, after that is the half time break. Since White won yesterday, Dylan you'll call first."

Michael flips a coin to into the air.

"Heads." Dylan says.

The coin lands back in Michael's hands. "Heads it is. White ball first."

And just like that the soccer game began. For forty five minutes the ball was being kicked from one side to the other. Each team played their best but by the time the break came, the White team was nine points ahead of the Black team.

A whistle was blown and both teams took their break to relax and regain energy.

Jason's chest heaved up and down as he tried to catch his breath. He was handed a water bottle and thanked the person that gave it to him. Then he proceeded to chug down half of the bottle. He closed the lid and wiped sweat mixed with dirt off his forehead with his arm. He looked around and saw Liam and Liv sitting together underneath a tree. Ryder, Aiden, Aaron, Dylan, Krystal and Carter were laughing together as they sat on the grass in a circle.

Jason scowled at them before heading to an empty bench and laid down on it. He closed his eyes and put one arm over them to block out the sun.

Krystal looked up from her spot and saw that Jason was laying by himself on the bench. She frowned. To be honest, she felt kind of bad for snapping on him yesterday. She knew her temper switched on and off like a light switch but still, even if she was annoyed by him yesterday, she didn't need to snap on him and lose her cool.

Sighing, she got up. "I'll see you guys in a bit," she told the guys and made her way towards Jason. She stopped when she stood in front of the bench. She grabbed both his legs and swung them off the bench so that there was room for her to sit.

The sudden action caused Jason to jump and sit up in a sitting position. When he saw that it was just Krystal he relaxed a little.

They both sat in silence for a few minutes, both lost in their own thoughts and looking around the park.

"Sorry," Krystal said, so quietly that Jason wasn't quite sure if he heard it or not.

"What?" He asked.

She faced towards him. "Sorry," she repeated. "About yesterday, I mean. I'm sorry I snapped at you. It's just that you were taking forever to get to your point and I know that I have a short temper so it just kind of came out."

It was quiet again and Jason felt his anger and frustration towards her decreasing as the time went by.

"I'm sorry too. For yelling at you. You were right, it's none of my business." Then why was he so angered but it?

"Why do you live with them?" He asked carefully, not looking at her.

"Why do you care?" She replied quietly. That stumped him. Why does he care? He would like to know the answer to that too.

A whistle sounded around the field, signaling that break time was over and the second half was about to start. Krystal and Jason both got off the bench and made their way towards the field where everyone was at.

"Good luck." Krystal said to him with a slight smile.

"Yeah." Jason replied distractedly. He liked her smile and couldn't stop the small one from forming on his own lips. "You too. Good luck."

With one last look, she left him to go join her team. He watched her walk away before walking towards is own team, his smile still gracing his lips.

Everyone got into their positions as the second half started.

Before long, the Black team won and the game was over.

Everyone was congratulating the members of the Black team on their win.

"Nice job bro," Aiden said to Ryder, Aaron, and Jason as they did one of those man hug hand shake things. Carter and Dylan did the same to them. God knew where Liam and Liv went.

"Yeah great job guys." Krystal said to them as she hugged them. It was kinda of awkward giving Jason a hug since it was the first time they hugged but she brushed it off. Though she did notice Jason hugged her for a little bit longer than necessary. "But don't think I'm gonna go easy on you tomorrow." She winked at them. "You know racing is my specialty."

Jason looked at her with raised eyebrows as the other guys snickered.

"Are you saying you went easy on them today?" Carter asked with amusement clear in his eyes.

Krystal smirked while shrugging. "Maybe. Maybe not." She turned on her heels and left.

"Ooouuu. Feisty!" The guys joked. They watched Krystal's back as she walked farther away from them.

"Aaaannnddd.... that means it's time to go. You know Krystal, she loves to make a dramatic exit. See you guys tomorrow." 

Dylan, Aaron, Ryder, and Aiden followed Krystal out of the park and started their way home. Carter and Jason said goodbye to each other and Jason made his way to where Marshall was at with his awaiting car.