Chapter 15

Zayn's POV

"Niall, it's just to check if the baby is healthy and if you're healthy too. There's nothing to be afraid of." I assured Niall quietly as we both waited in the lobby of the doctor's office. Niall was a mess, between getting sick on the drive out here to hating the doctor and probably some hormones too, he wasn't doing well. He just kept begging if we could leave or start looking at me with those big blue eyes full of tears trying to get his way.

"Niall Horan, the doctor is ready for you both." The receptionist told us. Niall shook his head and begin crying like a toddler would to not get shots, so I just picked him up and carried him to where a nurse was waiting for us. He held on to me tightly and cried lightly, but I just told him it was all going to be okay because I was with him. That seemed to calm him enough for when we walked into the room and a female doctor was waiting. I set Niall down on the paper cover table and wiped his tears for him.

"He didn't want to come. There's not going to be anything that will hurt them, right?" I asked the doctor, finally looking back at her. She had really light brown eyes and tan skin that was just a little lighter than mine. She was looking at me like she had just had the wind knocked out of her, but I was just confused to why she looked so damn familiar.

"I'm Doctor Doniya Malik." She told both of us quietly, causing me to gasp and reach back for Niall's hand. He seemed to be putting two and two together as he slipped his hand in mine. I looked at the young woman in front of me that was probably older than me, but not by much. She looked like me, that's what made her familiar.

"Y-you're my sister, I think." I told her. I was still feeling shock rushing through me because honestly, I've never thought my alcoholic, drug addict parents had any other kids than the messed up one I am. She nodded to me before taking a slow step towards me and reaching her hand out to me to touch my face. I smiled at her and reached to touch her dark brown hair that was in a ponytail. She smiled at me before we both ended up hugging each other.

"I had no idea I had a brother. All I knew was our parents left me outside a hospital here in Cheshire when I was a baby and a family adopted me. I had a crappie note with me that said my name and that was it." The young woman mumbled into my shoulder. I broke apart from her to look over her face closer and it was like looking at a female verso of myself.

"Our parents abandoned me and left our grandparents to raise me. They finally left me when I was seven or eight but the years leading up to it... I don't like thinking about it. And before you ask, our grandparents are no longer with us." I told her back then looked back are Niall. He gave me a soft nod like he was trying to tell me to be open with the girl. I shook my head and moved closer to him.

This was just so amazingly crazy that it didn't seem real to me. We both looked at each other for a few more minutes before she cleared her throat and picked up a clipboard to write on. Only then did I realize she was the doctor that would be checking on both my babies. My attention went back to Niall and so did hers, but we both kept looking at each other like this was the best thing ever.

"We can talk about this more later. I have another appointment coming in right after you both so I better get the exam started. Has there been any cramping or spot bleeding?" She asked Niall, sounding extremely intelligent and like she was able to put her personal life aside to give her one hundred percent into her job. I can only hope my kid is as smart as her and Niall.

"Some cramps, but no bleeding." Niall mumbled to her softly as she gestured for him to lay back on the bed like table she pulled his shirt up over his stomach and ran her hands over him, pressing down in certain areas. Niall just held my hand and kept his blue eyes looking back and forth between me and my new found sister.