Chapter 12

Zayn's POV

Determination has always been something that has been part of me. Ever since my parents abandoned me and my grandparents both passed away, I was determined to survive. I was determined to get food in my empty stomach and I was determined to never become one of the statistics here in Bradford. And now, I was determined to get my Niall back.

I've screamed and cried and used my fists as much as I could, but for the first time in my life, that didn't solve the problem for me. I needed Niall back in my life and my fists weren't working that out for me. I knew the only thing I needed to use right now to solve this problem was my heart. I don't use it much because of the fear of getting hurt, but Niall has already smashed it to bits in the six weeks we haven't spoken to each other. I couldn't take it anymore and I was hoping he was feeling the same way. I knew three weeks of not talking to him felt like someone cut off my air supply, but six fucking weeks felt like I wasn't even alive anymore. I needed him to live. They say distance makes the heart grow fonder, I say distance makes the heart grow weaker with a sweet vulnerable love.

My feet carried me down the street to get to the drug store that he worked at. I had been there every morning the past three week since my fight and every time that Louis Tomlinson guy tells me Niall wasn't feeling well or that Niall works later in the day. I wasn't taking that bullshit anymore which is why I told Mark I was taking the day off to go get my boy back. He said thank God because he can't train a moping mess anymore.

The bell to the shop rang and I quietly made my way over to the counter were Louis was sitting on a stool. He rolled his eyes at me, but gestured for me to go closer to him. I listened and leaned across the counter as he whispered in my ear.

"He's been a mess lately. He's also been kind of sick, but I'm tired of seeing him unhappy so go make it better." Louis told me, then pointed towards the back of the store. I thanked him quietly and made my way to the back where my jaw hit the floor at what I was seeing.

Niall was glowing. Not literally, but his skin had this healthy glow to it that I've never seen him have before. Granted, it had been so damn long since I've seen him but he was glowing. He didn't look happy, but his skin held something in it that made my heart stop for a minute because of how beautiful he was. My eyes traveled over what he was wearing, which was just a large jumper and some loose jeans. I stood there watching him place things on the shelf for a few more minutes before walking closer to the beautiful boy.

"Niall?" I whispered, not wanting to scare him away from me. He turned around abruptly and looked like a deer caught in headlights. I stopped moving towards him and just looked him in the eyes for a minute, hoping he would see that everything in the past was nothing to me.

"Do you have a minute to talk?" I asked him just as quietly. He nodded, but stayed right where he was standing, those beautiful blue eyes looked over me. He let out a deep breath and nodded again to confirm his first answer.

"I guess I just want to say I really need you back in my life. I think about you every day all the time and I can't stop missing you. There's nothing I do that doesn't include thoughts of you and it's killing me. This is literally killing me, Niall. Yes, it hurt that you walked out of me that morning, but I just told myself you had a reason that you felt was logical at the moment that I can't see. I don't care about anything else but getting you back. I'll do anything for you, just please tell me if you want me too." I begged him quietly. His blue eyes misted over with tears as he looked down with shame written across his face.

"I thought that morning you would tell me you regretted it. I didn't and I knew it would hurt me if you did. I just want you, Zayn. I don't like this anymore. I need you and I want you and I just miss your stupid jokes that aren't funny. I miss the fact you make fun of my music taste. I miss the way it was so easy to have you hold me all night long when we were strangers. Just hold me again, Zayn." Niall cried to me. I took a swift step forward and pulled him into my arms. My heard skipped a beat when I finally got to hold him again.