Chapter 14

Niall's POV

The hours ticked on as I sat quietly on the couch with the four positive pregnancy tests laying on the coffee table. Louis sat with me as I cried my eyes out and tried telling me that it was a good thing I was going to have a baby. Honestly, I was happy and I've always wanted a baby of my own, but with all the things stacked against me, it was hard to be happy. I knew this child's father didn't want it and never will. I knew I wouldn't have enough money to by diapers and clothes and everything this baby will need.

"I know this seems like allot to ask from you, but would you mind if I moved in with you that way I can save whatever I get paid for my baby?" I asked Louis quietly as more tears streamed down my face. Louis pulled me into his arms and let one of his hands rub my stomach.

"I'll help you if you need anything. Just, give Zayn a chance to react and see how he feels about this. If things go wrong, you know where to find me." Louis said kindly. I nodded, but thoughts of Zayn screaming at me that I got pregnant only made me continue crying.

The sound of the front door opening made me take a deep breath and move out of Louis arms. Louis stood up from the couch and kissed my forehead before walking out of the living room. I heard him and Zayn exchange a few words, but they were too muffled to really catch what they were. Soon, Zayn walked into the living room and gave me a soft smile as he opened his arms for me. I ran over to him and let him hold me for what could be the last time.

"Why do you look like you're crying, love?" Zayn whispered to me. I pulled away from him and went over to get one of the white sticks off the table. I took a few minutes looking at it before taking it over to Zayn and holding it out to him.

The light smile that was on his face fell and his hands slowly took the stick from me. His brown eyes looked over the positive sign then he looked up at me with the coldest look I've ever seen from anyone. I took a few steps back from him and placed both my hands on the tiny swell of my stomach. He looked down at my stomach and took steps towards me until I was backed against a wall with light cries leaving my mouth. Zayn placed his hands on my stomach, the pregnancy test dropping to the floor, causing me to flinch even though it was a soft touch.

"My baby?" He whispered to me, looking me in the eyes with intensity that scared me and comforted me at the same time. I nodded to him and let myself sob as hard as I could because I just wanted an answer from him so I knew if I should run out of here with a broken heart or if he was going to help me figure out what we were going to do with this child.

"Oh my god." He huffed and he looked down at my stomach. He dropped to his knees and pulled my shirt up to reveal my little bump. When he placed a kiss just under my belly button, my tears stopped and I watch him in full confusion. I watched the man who said he never wanted kids kiss his own and look like he was falling in love with it.

"I'll get you out of Bradford. I'll never leave you like my parents left me. I'll never ever leave you." Zayn whispered to my stomach before looking up to me with that same intense look in his eyes, but I knew it wasn't anger towards this situation. It was determination to make it better. Zayn stood up and wiped my tears with his hands gently. His lips landed gently on mine before he ended up just holding me.

"We have to get you both out of here. I don't want our baby to grow up the way I did. I want you both safe and with everything you'll ever need. I'll take care of you both. I'm so fucking scared right now, but I promise I'll take care of you." Zayn whispered to me. I nodded and held him that much tighter to me. His hands ran over my back as he held me close to him, my little baby bump being felt by us both.

"Let's get you to bed, okay? I hope you like this place because you're moving in with me until we can move somewhere else." Zayn told me with a sad smile, worry in his brown eyes. All I did was kiss those lips of his one more time before he guided me to his bedroom.