Steve x reader I can teach you

A/N Hello! Here is a request by wintersoldierfics: I'd love a Steve x reader where they're at a classy party and she wants to dance and Steve doesn't know how so she has to teach him. with some fluff. I hope you guys like it. Requests are open.

Warning: slight mention of parents death and fluff

Your P.O.V.
You smiled, smoothing the front of your (f/c) cocktail dress. Your uncle Tony was throwing another one of his extravagant parties, this time to celebrate his and Pepper's engagement (finally). For this particular party, Tony had rented out an entire venue to celebrate, because to Tony it was either go big or go home. There was live orchestra, and all the trees and the gazebo was decorated with lights. Champagne and hor'dourves were being served and practically everyone was dancing on the huge dance floor. You gazed at the pretty sight from the top of the staircase with a bright smile on your face, it almost reminded you of a fairytale or something out of a movie. You lifted the bottom of your skirt as you made your way down the staircase.
You searched for your uncle in the crowd, calling out to him when you caught sight of him. "(y/n)! You made it!" Tony exclaimed, pulling you into a tight hug. "of course, I wouldn't miss my uncle's engagement party!" you say hugging him back tightly. Tony had been your legal guardian after your parents had died. For the past year, you had been in Paris, France, studying (major). You had absolutely loved it there and learned a lot while you'd been there, including mastering the language. You had made it back just in time for the party. "go, have fun, and don't do anything I wouldn't do" He told you "I won't" You say, turning to the party. You grab a fluke of champagne off a tray that passes you. Taking a sip, you survey the crowd. Bruce was quietly eating some hor'dourves by a table, Thor was downing the champagne like it was nothing, Clint and Natasha were sweeping the floor with their dancing skills (I ship it so you can all deal), and Steve who was a little ways from the party, watching the couples dancing with a regretful look on his face.
Beautiful, shy, kind, caring Steve that made you feel right at home, and the fact that you've had a crush on him for the longest time didn't help. You set the now empty fluke on a tray as it passed you. You slowly began to make your way to Steve. You lean against the tree next to Steve "beautiful night, isn't it?" You ask. Steve looks at you in surprise "(y/n)! You're back!" he says. You laugh a little, ducking your head "yeah, I'm back" You say blushing a little as you look up at him "how was Paris?"he asked "Paris was amazing. The culture, style, everything about them is beautiful" You say and begin to go into detail and become so engrossed in telling the details, you don't notice Steve staring at you with awe, kind of starstruck. You stop mid sentence when you realize Steve is staring. "sorry, I'm rambling" You say blushing. "No, it's alright, I like to listen to you talk" Steve said. You smile and blush, not sure what to say.
Steve quickly changes the subject.
"They're lovely to watch, aren't they?" He said, gesturing to the dancers. "they are" You agree "Would you like to dance?" You ask shyly after a brief pause in the conversation. "Me? Oh, no... I don't know how to dance" He says "it's easy, c'mon I'll teach you" You say taking his hand and pulling him to the outskirts of the circle of dancers before he could object. "Alright, it's simple. Your left hand goes around my waist, my right goes around your neck, and our free hands are together" You say guiding his hands in the right places. The orchestra began to play a lively song and you gently guided Steve "one-two-three, one-two-three, two steps forward, one step back" You instruct, watching his feet, move in time with the music. "beautiful you're a quick learner" You say looking up at Steve, his whole face was lit up in a wide smile. "now, spin me" you say, earning you an alarmed look from Steve "C'mon Steve, it's easy, just spin me nice and slow, I do all the hard work" you say he gives you an uneasy look, but spins you anyway. You spin beautifully, and land safely back into his arms without any trouble. "See? That wasn't so bad" You say with a smile. You continue dancing, trying new steps and perfecting the old ones.
As the song ended, Steve surprised you and dipped you low. You gripped onto his arms to not fall, you take a deep breath when he pulls you back up. "Are you okay?" he asks "yeah, you just surprised me, I didn't think you would dip me" You say. Steve was about to reply when the orchestra began to play "La vie en Rose"and You gasp, "what?"Steve asks "oh, I love this song, my mother used to play this song and we'd dance around the kitchen" You say "could I have this dance?" He asked shyly holding out his hand for you take "It would be my pleasure dear sir" You say. Steve pulls you to him, and begins to lead you as the song starts. You smiled, as Steve spun you. Maybe it was the champagne, or just the happy atmosphere, but you felt like you were in 7th heaven. You and Steve danced across the floor, spinning and moving to the music. Steve dipped you again and this time you were ready. Steve pulled you safely back up to him, looking at you with such intensity, you blushed under his gaze. "Steve?" You question him. Steve seems to snap out of it.
"I-I can't" Steve whispered and walked away. "Steve? Steve Wait!" You say racing after him. You followed him away from the party to a small grove of trees. Steve leaned against a tree, looking out into the night. "Steve?" You say silently creeping up behind him. He turned to look at you "I'm sorry..." He says turning to look at you. "I caught up in the moment and I didn't want to do anything I would regret" He said. You slowly approached him "like what?" You ask Steve was quiet for a moment before he took a step towards you, pulling you towards him and in one swift movement, placed his lips on yours. You melted into the kiss, wrapping your arms around Steve's neck, moaning as Steve slipped his tongue in your mouth. When you finally pulled apart, your chest crashed heavily into his. "That was" he started "amazing" you finish his sentence "would you like to do it again?" He asked. You don't answer, just pull him in for a kiss by his tie. "I love you (y/n)" Steve says breaking away for a second "I love you too Steve" you say before pulling him back into the kiss. This was the start of a beautiful relationship.
A/N I hoped you guys liked it! I'm still working some kinks out of my friends request and that'll hopefully up soon. Requests are open.