Gone

Aphmau's pov

It had been a couple weeks and Garroth was now able to walk. Lucinda was watching over Garroth giving him healing potions. One day he was really trying to leave and Lucinda had to block up the entrance and windows.

Today I was able to see Garroth because Lucinda had to go into the plaza to get more ingredients for her potions. I saw her leave and I waved to her and she waved back. I walked into the guard tower, up the ladder and looked to where Garroth was supposed to be sleeping.

He was gone, "Garroth?" I looked around and he was nowhere. I looked out the left window of the tower and saw Garroth in his old armor and helmet on running across the tree's.

"Garroth?!" I yelled out to him and he stopped, he slowly turned around and looked at me. I couldn't see the expression on his face but I knew he was upset. He shook his head and ran to the wall surrounding the village.

Garroth's pov

After Lucinda left I took off my armor that Katelyn gave me and put back on the old armor that I used to hide my face from Zane. I was going to just use the entrance to the tower but when I looked out I saw Aphmau.

She was smiling and I realized if I stay or if I go I will never see that smile again. I moved my sandy blond hair out of my face and put my helmet on. I looked out the left window and saw a nice bunch of tree's.

I jumped down and the branches caught me. My chest only hurt a little but it's fully healed thanks to Lucinda's amazing potion skills. As I ran I heard Aphmau yell out to me. She found me.

I looked back and she looked sad and confused. I couldn't say anything because I knew I would cry and guards aren't supposed to cry. As I looked at her face on the verge of tears I smiled even though she would never see the smile.

I turned away and ran, ran as fast as I could to the walls. I jumped off the tree's and went to the entrance and as I ran I bumped Laurence in the shoulder. He looked shocked and looked back at me. Then, I was gone out of Phoenix drop.

Laurence' pov

I was patrolling like usual and saw a grey blur. It smacked into my shoulder and looked back shocked and said "Garroth?" It was no doubt about it that was Garroth's armor. He was running towards the gate.

'What is he doing?' I thought and he climbed the ladder and jumped off the wall. I ran to the gate but he had already disappeared.