Chapter 29 - 'ROTATION!'

Start from the beginning

“I guess when he says play, he doesn’t mean a game of snakes and ladders?” Broudie whispered.

ROAR!

“Don’t listen to anybody, even ourselves.” Hollie raced away from the group and lead one of the Cyclopes away.

“C’mon I’ll help you.” Jordan pulled Jay behind one of the pillars.

The dreaded thuds of giant Cyclopes feet shook the ground, each one getting louder, and louder.

“Fee, fy, foe,” The Cyclops crept towards them then leaped into view, “Hello there.”

“Duck,” Jordan ordered, uncapping his sword, swinging it round the pillar and slicing a cut in the Cyclops’ chest.

The Cyclops gasped from shock then swung his fist down at Jay, who rolled out of the way.

Jordan lifted him to his feet and Jay, too, uncapped his sword and shield.

“Step back Jord. Activate arrows!” Jay pushed Jordan behind him and held out his shield.

A hole in the centre of the shield opened up and a fire tipped arrow erupted from it. Shooting from the shield were flame covered arrows, darting at the Cyclops continuously like a machine gun.

But the Cyclops caught the arrows stupidly. ‘Who would catch a fire tipped arrow, these Cyclops must be so dumb?’ Jay thought to himself.

The monster opened up his clenched fist and he wasn’t harmed by the fire at all.

“Do some research, we can’t be harmed by fire. Ha,” the Cyclops chuckled again.

“Nice.” Jordan nodded at Jay, stepping in front and swinging again with his shining blade.

“Maybe.” Jay thrust the shield forward, and another arrow erupted from it, shooting through the air and just catching the Cyclops on the ear.

Votaldea,” Jordan chanted, scooping the Cyclops up into the air. The giant fell almost immediately from his enormous weight.

“Aargh,” The Cyclops roared, landing on the floor and then charging at them.

Hortalia,” Jay yelled, stunning the Cyclops and making him unbalanced and dizzy, his one eye swirling in its socket.

He straightened himself then started pulling down his fists continuingly, one after another.

Jay and Jordan leapt from side to side, not able to strike at all with their weapons.

“Jay, go round the back,” Jordan whispered to him as the Cyclops pounded with one of his meaty fists again.