Zayn only makes it about halfway there before Liam catches him by the wrist and pulls him to a stop, "Zayn what is going on?" he asks curiously. Zayn bites his lip, and considers his options for a moment, he doesn't know what is wrong with him, other than he's tired and stressed. "Nothing, Liam. I'm fine" he mumbles, Liam shakes his head, "no you're not, you're acting like you don't even know me" he stresses. Zayn sighs and pulls Liam towards the corner by the kitchen so they can have a little privacy, "I'm stressed, and tired I just need a break, but between work, and finals I'm not going to get one for a few weeks" Zayn explains. "Plus I was just surprised to see you here, with Bella, a little warning would have been nice" he adds, Liam sighs and pulls Zayn into his arms, "I'm sorry, Babe" he murmurs. Zayn wants to fight the hug, he is at work after all, but he also wants to let Liam wrap him in his arms forever and never let him go, it's a predicament really. "I should have called you first. I just wanted to surprise you" Liam says, Zayn sighs shaking his head, "It's fine, Bella's missed you. And so have I, I just really need school to be over, so I can have a little time for me, again" he mumbles. Liam chuckles and pulls away slightly to kiss him quickly, it's over far too quickly for Zayn's liking but he is at work after all, "how long 'til you're done?" Liam asks. Zayn sighs, shaking his head "um two and a half weeks" he pouts, Liam chuckles, "you'll make it" he assures him. "Okay, I'm going to head back to our table, you sure we're okay?" Liam asks, Zayn rolls his eyes, "Li, we're fine, promise" he assures him, "good. What time do you get off?" Liam asks. Zayn sighs "around nine" he answers. Liam nods, "how about I hang out and wait for you after I drop Bella back off. We can have a cuddle and watch a movie or something?" Liam asks. Zayn bites his lip and nods his head, because that sounds perfect actually, "yeah, okay" he mumbles. Liam nods grinning "good" he says, pressing another quick kiss to Zayn's lips, before turning and heading back to the table.

After that Zayn's shift finishes quickly, Bella only cried a little when Liam tried to take her home without Zayn, succeeding in making him feel exceptionally guilty, for not being the one who was going to put her to bed, again. It turns out Geoff is a ridiculous tipper much like his son, Zayn had rolled his eyes when he found the large tip, after they had left the restaurant and he and Talia were cleaning up the table. He sighs as he flops into the passenger side of Harry's car, Harry pulling out of the staff parking lot quickly, and heading towards the apartment. "So how's things with Liam, actually?" Harry asks, Zayn shrugs, "they're great Haz, he's perfect, really" he answers. Harry grins at him "I'm glad, Zee. It's good to see you so happy again" he says, Zayn makes a face but decides not to say anything, Liam does make him happy. It's not long before Harry has parked and they're headed up to the apartment, "how's things with you and Lou?" Zayn asks as they wait for it to reach the floor, Harry shrugs, "same as always" he answers and Zayn nods laughing, as they step off the elevator. Zayn unlocks the apartment door and lets Harry in first, Louis comes flying from nowhere, wrapping around Harry like a koala, "it's about damn time" he huffs. Zayn rolls his eyes, and Harry chuckles, wrapping his arms around Louis, carrying him away, "it's been like four hours Lou" he murmurs, before they're out of earshot. Zayn shakes his head, making his way towards Bella's room to check on the toddler, she's sleeping, thankfully and Zayn sneaks across the room to press a gentle kiss to her head, before leaving the room again.

Zayn makes his way to his own bedroom after that to change, and hopefully find Liam, he grins when he opens the door and sees his boyfriend sitting on his bed, a few papers in his hands. Zayn quickly makes his way across the room, throwing himself onto the bed and rolling into Liam, who looks away from whatever it is he's reading to smile down at Zayn. "Hey, how was the rest of work?" Liam asks, putting the papers he was reading aside on Zayn's night table. Zayn shrugs and nudges his head into Liam's lap, the older laughing as he starts carding his fingers through his hair, "uneventful, really slow actually, not many people came in after you guys left" he explains. Liam nods, and Zayn pulls away to push himself into a sitting position and then wiggle his way under Liam's arm, "how was Bella, after you guys left?" Zayn asks curiously. Liam makes a face, and Zayn isn't entirely sure what exactly it means, and he instantly feels like he's going to panic a little. Liam soothingly rubs at his arm, "she was alright, sad we left you at work. Still sad when I put her to bed. But after five stories she perked up a little" Liam explains. Zayn frowns, he wishes he could put Bella to bed every night, he hates that it's usually Louis doing it, and now Liam, but when you work in a restaurant for a living, later shifts are inevitable. Zayn pouts again and pushes closer to Liam's side, "thank you for putting her to bed" he mumbles, leaning up to press a kiss to Liam's jaw.

Liam frowns, turning his head to capture Zayn's lips, "anytime you need me, you know I'll be around for you and Bella, right?" he asks. Zayn nods, biting his lip,"yeah, but still, thank you" he murmurs. After that Zayn moves so he's in Liam's lap instead of pressed to his side, Liam's arms wrapping around him, as he does. "What movie are we going towatch?" Liam asks, nuzzling his head into Zayn's neck, Zayn shrugs, sighing happily, "I really don't care, you can decide" he mumbles, around a yawn. Liam chuckles and presses a kiss to Zayn's neck, making him shiver, and that's how they ended up watching Sharknado. Zayn really didn't care about the movie, as terrible as it was, he was just happy to be with Liam, and relaxing for once. "Liam" Zayn mumbles after a few minutes of just laying quietly, "yeah, babe?" Liam hums in response, Zayn bites his lip is he really going to say this, it honestly hasn't been that long, be he doesn't think he can wait any longer to tell Liam how he feels. "I, um...I love you" Zayn murmurs quietly. Everything freezes after that, the movie stops and Liam goes still beneath Zayn, who takes it as a bad sign, this is it, he's ruined it. "I'm sorry, I know it's soon, and I shouldn't have said it. Just forget it, this never happened" Zayn rants. Liam chuckles and Zayn stops, turning to glare at him, "glad you find this funny" he mutters. Liam grins and leans forward to peck Zayn's lips, "I don't want to forget this happened, and I don't think it's too soon, because I love you too, Zayn" he murmurs. Zayn bites his lip, before grinning, "really?" he asks, Liam nods slowly, and Zayn throws himself towards him kissing him passionately in response